NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international non-governmental organisation, founded in 1980. Our mission is to accompany, to serve and to advocate the cause of refugees and forcibly displaced persons worldwide. To find out more about our work, please visit www.jrs.i.e
JRS Ireland is now seeking to recruit for the role of Projects Officer. This is a full time role (35 hours per week) principally based in the Dublin area but with travel throughout Ireland required. Initial contract is for 24 months with renewal subject to funding and performance.
The primary responsibility of the Projects Officer position is to coordinate delivery of key JRS Ireland projects in accordance with the needs of residents living in Direct Provision centres and the strategic priorities for JRS Ireland. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- To coordinate the delivery of JRS Ireland flagship projects, including the Fáilte Project.
- To oversee provision of intercultural and orientation supports to individuals and families living in the Balseskin Reception Centre.
- To implement pilot programme supporting newly arrived protection applicants access mainstream services.
- To support the delivery of a calendar of project services in Direct Provision, including education and information workshops, and to facilitate training opportunities that enhance wellbeing and promote positive mental health of protection applicants.
- To develop and/or foster relationships with strategic partners in the delivery of a programme of project services and supports.
- To assist people who are leaving Direct Provision centres with move-on information and other supports.
- To monitor project(s) performance and collate reports to meet funding requirements/opportunities and to inform strategic planning.
- To support the delivery of outreach and provision of information and advice to asylum seekers in Direct Provision and in emergency locations.
- To assist in delivering key JRS Ireland activities, including the Summer Programme, Christmas Toy Appeal, CHANGE and other initiatives as required.
Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- A relevant third-level qualification in community development, social work, social science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years or more work experience in a similar role and/or demonstrable experience of successful project delivery.
- A full clean driving licence.
- An understanding and knowledge of the asylum process in Ireland, the operation of the Direct Provision system and the integration of migrants.
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups, social exclusion and disadvantaged communities.
- Commitment to social justice and the JRS mission ‘to accompany, to serve and to advocate the cause of refugees and forcibly displaced persons’.
Salary circa €31,500 commensurate with experience.
Application forms are available by request at email@example.com. No CVs or Cover Letters will be accepted. All applications for this position must be received by 5PM Friday 14th February 2020.
JRS Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.