NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Database & Administrative Officer
Front Line Defenders invites applications for the position of Database & Administrative Officer.
Front Line Defenders is the International Foundation for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders. Its mission is to protect and support human rights defenders who are at risk as a result of their human rights work. For more information see www.frontlinedefenders.org
The Database & Administrative Officer will participate as a key member of the team by ensuring the efficient and consistent recording of data in Front Line Defenders database, production of ID cards and reports, and providing effective administration support to a dynamic international organisation.
If you are methodical, have a keen eye for detail, a calm and professional approach to work and would enjoy working in a multi-cultural work environment, then this is the job for you.
The Database & Administrative Officer will be responsible for providing support with data management and the administration of the organisation, including:
- entering new records and data to the database;
- verification and standardising of existing data;
- reviewing the information provided by other staff members and ensuring that data remains consistent across the database;
- generating reports and analysis for use by different programme areas;
- ensuring compliance with data protection/ GDPR in terms of DB usage.
- assisting with organisational record-keeping and knowledge management systems;
- producing ID cards for human rights defenders in different languages and organising secure delivery and record-keeping;
- undertaking clerical tasks such as scanning, printing, filing;
- other admin tasks as assigned;
- any other duties commensurate with the role that may be assigned by the Programme Manager.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- At least 1 year experience working in an organizational or professional setting;
- At least 1 year experience in data management and/or administrative role;
- Experience with CIVICRM or other similar database application;
- Excellent record management and filing skills, with a forensic approach to record keeping;
- Excellent clerical skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills;
- Must be focused and self-motivated, able to work under direction and to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines;
- Be results and performance driven;
The Database & Administrative Officer will report to the Programme Manager. The role is full-time (35 hours per week) and will be based at the organisation’s headquarters in Blackrock, Dublin. The salary for the role will be equivalent to Clerical Officer Standard on the civil service scale (EUR 24,397 p.a).
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
Applications comprising a cover letter (maximum 1 page) and CV (maximum 2 pages) should be sent to Tara Madden, Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 11 October 2019.
Please put the name of the position Database & Administrative Officer in the subject bar of your email, otherwise applications may be missed.
Interviews will be scheduled in late October.
Front Line Defenders is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
In providing protection and support to human rights defenders, Front Line Defenders and its staff are committed to:
- Inclusivity: We focus on the primacy and centrality of HRDs, we seek to be inclusive at all times, demonstrating profound respect and empathy for HRDs in all their diversity.
- Agility: We strive to meet the needs expressed by human rights defenders in a fast, flexible and relevant manner.
- Solidarity: We believe in the importance of solidarity. We commit to being present in a meaningful way when HRDs are most at risk; steadfast and relentless in our actions.
- Integrity: We perform with dedication, professionalism and accountability, acting with independence and integrity at all times.