Human Resources Manager (part-time)
Front Line Defenders invites applications for the position of Human Resources Manager on a part-time basis.
Front Line Defenders is the International Foundation for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders. Its mission is to protect and support human rights defenders who are at risk as a result of their human rights work. The organisation has a team of 50 people, with approximately 30 staff and fellows based in Dublin and 20 staff based overseas (all world regions). For more information see www.frontlinedefenders.org
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for assessing existing policy and practice, providing advice and guidance on HR best practice, leading on HR policy development and implementation, managing staff development, training and well-being, overseeing recruitment and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- establish best practices in terms of human resources throughout the organisation and achieving high level standards;
- contribute to nurturing a positive and inclusive working environment throughout the organisation;
- reviewing and further developing HR policy and procedures;
- reviewing and developing staff training and development options to enable staff to develop their skills and professional expertise;
- working with managers to ensure good quality recruitment and selection processes;
- reviewing policy and procedure in terms of supports for staff, including overseas staff and those relocating to Ireland from overseas;
- ensuring Front Line Defenders is complying with all relevant legislation;
- ensuring the organisation’s compliance with health & safety best practice;
- overseeing policy development and implementation;
- any other duties commensurate with the role that may be assigned by the Executive Director;
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in HR management or related discipline;
- At least five years experience in a human resources role;
- Proven ability to provide advice and support to management and staff;
- Knowledge of Irish employment law;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with staff, fellows and management;
- Experience of working successfully with people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- A positive, goal-oriented approach;
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a global organisation in the voluntary sector, with excellent leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
The Human Resources Manager will report to the Programme Manager. The role is part-time (20 hours per week) and will be based at the organisation’s headquarters in Blackrock, Dublin. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
The salary for the role will be equivalent to Higher Executive Officer Higher on the civil service scale (EUR €54,952 p.a pro rata).
Applications comprising a cover letter (maximum 1 page) and CV (maximum 2 pages) should be sent to Tara Madden, Programme Manager at email@example.com by Friday 25 October 2019.
Please put the name of the position Human Resources Manager in the subject bar of your email, otherwise applications may be missed.
Interviews will be scheduled early in November.
Front Line Defenders is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
In providing protection and support to human rights defenders, Front Line Defenders and its staff are committed to:
- Inclusivity: We focus on the primacy and centrality of human rights defenders, we seek to be inclusive at all times, demonstrating profound respect and empathy for human rights defenders in all their diversity.
- Agility: We strive to meet the needs expressed by human rights defenders in a fast, flexible and relevant manner.
- Solidarity: We believe in the importance of solidarity. We commit to being present in a meaningful way when human rights defenders are most at risk; steadfast and relentless in our actions.
- Integrity: We perform with dedication, professionalism and accountability, acting with independence and integrity at all times.