NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
KASI is an NGO based in Killarney providing supports to Asylum Seekers, Refugees and other Migrants. KASI is also running a thriving social enterprise creating employment to Asylum Seekers (who have permission to work), Refugees and other Migrants. The social enterprise provides healthy and affordable lunches to 4 primary schools in Killarney.
KASI is now recruiting for a Kitchen Staff position to work in one their school kitchens.
The position is for 27.5 hrs a week – Monday to Friday.
For full particular and the application process, please contact KASI at 064 66 20 705 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of application: Wednesday, 14th August 2019 at 3 pm
Late application and CV’s will not be accepted
Interviews will take place on Monday, 19th August 2019
This project is supported by the Dept. of Rural and Community Development and POBAL through the Community Services Programme
Information of the Kitchen Staff Post –
1. Who should apply for the Post?
This social enterprise aims at creating employment to Migrants especially those who are distant from the job market. The position is supported by the Dept. of Rural and Community Development and POBAL under the Community Services Programme. The position is funded under a specific programme (CSP), therefore, we are looking for applicants who are Migrants and receiving any form of Social Welfare payments, i.e. Lone Parent Allowance, Job Seekers Allowance, etc.
2. Method of application?
You must complete the Application Form particular to this post. Please send in 3 copies of your application form. Email email@example.com for application form and information on this post
3. Selection Process
- You must submit an official application form in full by the closing date Wednesday, 14th August 2019 at 3 pm. Failure to complete the application form in full may result in your application not being submitted to the selection board for consideration or subsequent interview if deemed eligible.
- Your application form will be reviewed by a selection board against the eligibility criteria for the post. The criteria for the selection exercise are based on the requirements of the post as outlined in the job specification.
- Any applicant who does not meet the eligibility criteria/is not shortlisted will be informed accordingly.
- Candidates who demonstrate the requisite skills and experience will be called to interview.
- Candidates who are successful at interview will be placed on a panel in order of merit.
- The post will be offered to the candidate who scores highest on the panel. If the successful candidate declines the post, it will then be offered to the next candidate on the panel.
- The interview forms only part of the selection process. The candidate deemed successful at interview and whose application is being processed for the post will have his/her application progressed further. In this regard, references/clearances will be sought from past/current employers. KASI reserves the right to remove a candidate from the recruitment panel and retract job offers if clearances (e.g. past /current employment references, security clearances) cannot be obtained or are unsatisfactory. All previous employers may be contacted for reference purposes. KASI may retract a job offer if sufficient satisfactory references cannot be obtained in the appropriate time-frame. KASI reserves the right to retract a job offer should the successful candidate be unable to fulfil the provisions / criteria of the specific post in line with service need.
4. Formation of Panels
What is a panel?
A panel will be formed of candidates successful at interview. Candidates will be placed on the panel in order of merit depending on the marks awarded to them during interview and the candidate who scores the highest mark is placed first on the panel.
5. Campaign Time Scales
Closing date for receipt of application forms is Wednesday, 14th August 2019 at 3pm.
Interviews will be held on Monday, 19th August 2019 in the offices in KASI, Killarney. Interviews will be held in person only, therefore candidates must be available to present for interview.
6. Security Clearance
KASI will seek Garda Vetting for all of your residences in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Please note, if you require overseas security clearance and are unable to produce it at the time of job offer then the job offer may be withdrawn.