Right of Place Second Chance is recruiting for the position of Regional Outreach / Advocacy Officer in our Waterford Centre
Right of Place Second Chance is the country’s largest charitable organisation that supports Survivors of Institutional Child Abuse and their families in Ireland. We exist to improve the lives of survivors who are still suffering as adults as a result of the abuses they suffered as children in one of Ireland’s industrial, reformatory and residential institutions. We do this, by providing advocacy, outreach and information to Survivors to improve the quality of their life and help them to navigate mainstream services. We also offer specialist services to survivors as and when needs are identified.
We have offices in Waterford & Cork where we also operate 10 transitional apartments.
Right of Place Second Chance now invites applications for the post of Regional Outreach / Advocacy Officer in Waterford City. The post is a fixed term contract of 12 months, subject to continuation of funding.
Regional Outreach/Advocacy Officer
Reporting to the Director of Services, the role of the Outreach/Advocacy Officer is to visit survivors in their homes, hold appointments in our offices and develop individualised care plans for each client and to secure the most beneficial outcome for survivor’s lives, in line with agreed policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have;
- A good academic background
- Experience at delivering a face to face service to a similar group
- Experience of working with a high volume of clients
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to remain composed even in challenging circumstances
- Ability and evidence of being able to work in a challenging environment
- Must demonstrate an ability to work on your own initiative
- The successful candidate must have a proven track record in the development of services, their positive execution and a positive attitude.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience of working with survivors of abuse or groups that have experienced trauma will be a distinct advantage
- A relevant 3rd level qualification
- A history of service development and delivery.
Further details can be found in the booklet attached. The deadline for all applications is 16.30pm on Friday 26th of July 2019.
Applications with cover letter and CV should be sent to: email@example.com.
Alternatively they can be posted to:
Micheál Walsh, Director of Services,
Right of Place Second Chance,
Healing & Training Centre,
15 Parnell Street,
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.
Right of Place Second Chance encourages all individuals to apply and we are an equal opportunities employer.
Further information and Booklet
Please see the attached booklet to access further information of the job specifics.