Special Vacancy Notice IE2019-01
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Finance and Operations Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Dublin, IRELAND
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G3
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 22.April 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
IOM opened an office in Ireland in 2001. Ireland became a full member government of IOM in 2002. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. The programme activities in Ireland include work in the following areas of migration management: Return and Reintegration, Resettlement, Family Reunification and Counter-Trafficking.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Finance, HR and Administration Coordinator and the guidance of the Senior Programme Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative assistance and support to the Operations Unit and to the Resource Management Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Financial administrative assistance:
- Perform general administrative tasks (e.g. make arrangements for the couriering of documents, liaise with utility companies and other suppliers as required, obtain petty cash replenishments from the bank etc).
- Provide general clerical support to the Finance, HR and Administration Coordinator including filing, printing, photocopying and scanning of documents.
- Respond to, or draft responses to, routine correspondence and other communications. Refer inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling as required.
- Monitor stocks of office supplies and prepare replenishment purchase requisitions when appropriate and as required.
- Review all payment vouchers to ensure that all required documentation is in place in line with IOM’s procurement and financial rules and regulations. Make follow-ups as required. Check that no clerical errors exist.
- Raise all appropriately-approved payment vouchers in SAP.
- Prepare VAT reclaims.
- Maintain physical assets register.
- Assist in the retrieval of documents for audit purposes.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Operations administrative and casework assistance:
- Responsible for phone and in person reception duties related to the Operational caseload.
- Under supervision respond to emails and written requests from potential beneficiaries, and meet with potential programme beneficiaries in person in the IOM Ireland office, providing programme information and support.
- Provide administrative support to the Operations team to include filing and casework support.
- Register new Voluntary Assisted Return and Reintegration Programme applicants in the IOM database.
- Maintain internal monitoring spreadsheets (eg translation records, enquiries and applications records, departure records) by completing daily updates.
- Assist the Operations team in making applications to relevant Embassies for travel documents for beneficiaries availing of return assistance.
- Assist the Operations team with post-departure paperwork including the update of databases and spreadsheets and the submission of notifications to donors.
- Provide administrative support on the reintegration and monitoring aspect of programme activities by completing reintegration application forms and submitting these forms to IOM missions in countries of return.
- Responsible for the Operations team filing system. Provide continuous support in the compilation of case files and re-organise the filing system as required.
- Support the Operations team, on an ad-hoc basis as required, in providing assistance to returnees at Dublin airport departure including check-in and airport clearance.
- Assist the Statistics Focal Point as required in retrieving information for the compilation of reports.
- Support the Programme Manager with programme-related research and development tasks.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited academic institution, preferably Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting or Finance with one year of relevant professional experience in administrative support and financial assistance or similar roles; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in administrative support and financial assistance or similar roles.
- Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Good knowledge of accounting software; previous experience with SAP would be an advantage.
- Previous work experience in Accountants Payable.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
- An interest in working with migrants or vulnerable populations would be an advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
Any other IOM official language is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
A prerequisite of taking up position is right of residence and right to work in the country of the duty station at the time of application.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in English (CV and motivation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22.April 2019, quoting Vacancy Number IE2019-01.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.