NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Administration and Accounts Assistant
Part-time (2 days per week), 18 months
Position: Administration and Accounts Assistant
Hours of work: Part-time (2 days per week), 18 months
Starting date: ASAP
Reports to: IRLI Executive Director
Salary range: Pro-rata 24,000-28,000 per annum
Irish Rule of Law International (IRLI) is a joint charity of The Law Society of Ireland and The Bar of Ireland, dedicated to promoting the rule of law in developing countries. IRLI is primarily a project-based organisation with a variety of projects in countries such as South Africa, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania which range in focus from human rights to commercial law, and in application from training of judiciary and lawyers to access to justice at a grassroots level and clinical legal education for law students. IRLI works to advance collective knowledge of the relationship between rule of law, democracy, sustained economic development and human rights.
The Administration and Accounts Assistant will support the financial and administrative work of IRLI. Duties and responsibilities of the assistant include ensuring accurate and on time bookkeeping and accounting, take care of the day to day office administration, including organisation of meetings and minute taking, updating IRLI website, managing the shared drive operation, ensuring appropriate filing. S/he will also be responsible for the administration and logistic work for IRLI field missions, including flight booking, supporting medical and logistic requests from IRLI pro-bono experts, supporting coordination meetings and procurement of relevant assets and etc.
The Administration and Accounts Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director and might liaise with IRLI Board, if/when required.
This position is a part time position (2 days per week) with a contract of 18 months, commencing as soon as possible. The Administration and Accounts Assistant will be based in IRLI offices in Church Street, Dublin 7.
1. Accounts and Finances
- Process payments and monitor expenditures within the authority delegated by IRLI Executive Director.
- Bookkeeping and Accounts administration. Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Support the development of IRLI quarterly management accounts in advance of Board meetings.
- Support the preparation of annual accounts to trial balance stage, and liaise with external auditor.
- Support finances related to IRLI Programmes, including support the development of funding proposal, programme budget and cashflow, monitor expenditure in accordance with budget allocation, develop financial report.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, ensure that IRLI complies with all relevant financial management legislation.
2. Administration of IRLI Operations
- Ensure that IRLI is compliant to Revenue.
- Ensure that IRLI is compliant with all relevant company and charity legislation, including submission of Annual Returns/Reporting to the Companies Registration Office (CRO) and the Charity Regulator Authority (CRA).
- Support the Executive Director in the timely and appropriate execution of IRLI Operational Policy Framework, including all Operational Policies, Standard Operating Procedures and Annexes.
- Ensure that IRLI insurance is up to date and follow up any relevant claim.
3. Office Administration
- Ensure punctual and appropriate day to day administration of IRLI office.
- Ensure prompt response to incoming communication and direct requests to relevant parties.
- Maintain all office administrative policies and procedures. Assist in planning meetings, coordinating agendas and ensuring punctual minute taking and appropriate filing.
- Manging all on-line and off-line subscriptions and payments necessary for the on-going operations of IRLI, such as to Dropbox, Let’s Host and MyCharity.
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time and produce receipt and invoice for all relevant IRLI payments.
4. Logistic support to events, public engagement and programmes
- Support IRLI Programme Coordinator in the mobilisation, organisation and logistic execution of all IRLI public and fundraising events.
- Deal with enquiries (via email and phone) from members of the legal profession and the public.
- Support IRLI Volunteers and pro-bono experts engaged in programmes and professional exchanges.
- Support logistic and administrative needs related to IRLI Programmes
- Bookkeeper, part qualified accountant, account technician with experience in either industry or practice; or alternatively be able to demonstrate substantial experience in an existing similar role.
- At least 2 years of secretarial and administrative experience, preferably within the international development sector and/or civil society sector.
- Ability to manage accounts and significant budgets.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the field and policies related to Financial Management.
- Overseas work, development experience and/or knowledge an advantage.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise a wide range of competing tasks and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- Appreciation of the aims and objectives of IRLI.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English with strong analytical skills.
The deadline for submission of applications is Thursday 18th April 2019.
The selected person is expected to start as soon as possible.
- A CV
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in working with IRLI and summarising your relevant experience and suitability for the post.
Only applications received through firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered.
Any queries should be directed to IRLI’s Executive Director Vanina Trojan at vtrojan@irishruleofla