AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL IRELAND
Donor Care and Marketing Assistant
Overall Purpose of the Position
The role will provide the essential and efficient administrative support to the Fundraising team that will allow individual members to maximise their growth opportunities and reach their ambitious targets.
We are looking for a professional, prompt and courteous individual whose donor care skills will play a key role in increasing donor loyalty and reducing attrition.
- Be the first point of contact for email, telephone and postal queries and cancellations coming into the department and be responsible (with guidance from relevant team members) for all responses going out
- Manage the team’s email boxes from members and donors
- Use data and reports to produce mail merges and mail outs
- Manage all in-house mailings for the team including: new member packs; postcards; thank you letters; membership renewals; newsletters; event materials and merchandise amongst others. Where larger mailings are generated, will assist Reception with posting
- Work with Head of Fundraising and other team members to constantly refine and improve our donor materials, our supporter journey and customer care
- Assist with outgoing administrative telephone calls and emails to existing contacts
- Assist with the organisation of fundraising events (at times attending)
- Assist with online and digital marketing
- Carry out data entry and data administration
- Track the team’s stationery and maintain supplies
- Collaborate with Interns, TY Students and other office volunteers to assist in own areas of Admin.
- Carry out other general administrative duties to support the Head of Fundraising and Section as required.
Essentially, the successful candidate will have:
- Previous extensive experience in an administrative role;
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive approach and strong problem solving skills;
- Excellent time management & organisational skills;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Word and Excel;
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues from other teams;
- Ability to learn new tasks or processes;
- Ability to work on own initiative and take ownership of the role;
- Flexibility and ability to multi task and adapt to change
- Ability to be committed and work with good humour in a busy open plan office;
- Interest in and support of the aims of Amnesty International and human rights principles in general;
- Previous experience in an NGO/charity environment an advantage.
This is a part-time position of 28 hours per week.
The starting salary for the 28 hours per week is approximately €21,000 - €25,000 per annum depending upon experience.
Closing date for applications is 24 March 2019
Please go to www.amnesty.ie to apply. It is our strong preference that you apply online. However, if you are unable to complete an online application, you can download the application form from our website and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Seán MacBride House, 48 Fleet Street, Dublin 2.
Amnesty International is an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.