Role: Ruhama Housing and Development Officer
Duration: 12 Month Fixed Contract, part time. 21 hours per week (flexible working hours during office hours negotiable).
Reports to: Service Manager
Ruhama is frontline NGO that has been supporting women affected by prostitution including victims of sex trafficking for years. We provide a broad range of support service to women through person centered care planning. This role is an exciting opportunity to contribute to and engage with the work of Ruhama. The Housing & Development Officer will provide and develop services to women seeking assistance with housing, social welfare & development Support. The Housing and Development Officer will work directly with the Ruhama practice team, to support Ruhama’s integrated model of work.
The Housing and Development Officer will have:
- An excellent ability and confidence to work on own initiative and also as a part of a team.
- A strong interest in the area housing support and advocacy.
- Experience of the Irish housing and social welfare system.
- Knowledge of budgeting skills.
- Excellent computer skills and some familiarity with databases and spreadsheets.
- Good report writing skills.
- An understanding of the exploitative nature of the commercial sex trade and the challenges that may be faced by Ruhama’s client group.
- Manage internal referrals to the Housing and Development service.
- Carry out Housing assessments with clients.
- Collaborate with clients to achieve best outcomes for their housing, financial sustainability and social integration needs.
- Support Ruhama’s planning, and support the development of the Housing service.
- Liaise and negotiate with housing support agencies, the department of social welfare, private landlords and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with housing bodies, landlords and other key partners.
- Plan and provide a range of aftercare support for women in independent living.
- Maintain existing file management/data collection systems relating to Housing and Development.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Service Manager.
- In conjunction with the Service Manager, prepare and maintain budgets pertaining to the Housing and Development service.
- Refer clients internally or to external agencies as appropriate.
- Support other relevant frontline/policy work as requested.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to ensure smooth running of the overall service to women affected by prostitution and sex trafficking.
- Attend team and other meetings as required.
- As part of the Practice team, create an environment which will support and empower women.
- Collaborate with other organizations to ensure optimum supports for women using Ruhama’s services.
- To ensure that a high quality of service is offered to Ruhama’s client group, all members (staff and volunteers) are required to be flexible and work outside the remit of their individual role descriptions on occasion.
This role description may be changed in response to developments within the project. This will be done in consultation with the role holder.
Training: The successful candidate will be expected to participate in Ruhama staff/volunteer training during the course of their contract.
Garda Vetting: Garda vetting is a requirement for this role, in accordance with Ruhama’s Garda Vetting Policy.
Salary: The salary for this position is €34,400 pro rata (€20,650 based on 21hrs per week)
Application can be made by submission of a completed application form by Friday 12th April 2019to: email@example.com (please use reference HOU/DEV19 in the subject line), or by post to: Organisational Administrator, Ruhama, 30-31 Camden Street, Dublin 2. Enquiries to Meredith Meagher 01 8360292.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates will take place the week of the 22nd April 2019