Ruhama is looking to appoint a visionary and experienced person to lead the organisation, its staff and volunteers as Chief Executive Officer on a permanent full-time basis.
These are exciting times for Ruhama, the only frontline NGO in Ireland working with women affected by prostitution and sex trafficking. As Chief Executive, you will be joining a dynamic team in their new offices on Camden Street, Dublin 2 and will be implementing a new strategic plan for 2019-2024. You will be responsible for representing and promoting Ruhama in the media and the community, ensuring that the organisation provides much needed advocacy and support services as part of a strong network, both domestically and internationally, committed to combatting trafficking and to addressing prostitution as a form of exploitation of women and girls.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Refining all aspects and channels of communications with the goal of creating a stronger presence and public awareness of Ruhama among: women affected by prostitution/sex trafficking, funders, government, media, other frontline services, and the general public;
- Building and maintaining constructive and professional relationships with Ruhama’s stakeholders including: staff, volunteers, Board members, clients, funders and civil society to deliver Ruhama’s strategic plan;
- Developing and presenting annual operational plans and budgets, guided by current strategic objectives, to the Board for approval, and report to the Board on progress against strategic and annual operational plans;
- Ensuring quality finance, administration, governance, fundraising, people management, data protection and communications systems are in place and maintained to the highest standards, and in full legal compliance;
- Overseeing and supporting management and continuing professional development of staff.
Skills and requirements:
- Experience of working in the voluntary/NGO sector is highly desirable;
- Direct experience of working on issues of social justice and human rights, particularly in the areas of equality and women’s rights;
- An understanding of prostitution and up-to-date knowledge of the policy and legislative context relating to prostitution and human trafficking;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of staff and organisational management at a senior level, including: strategic planning, change and project management, human resources, finances, fundraising and governance;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills: verbal, written, public speaking;
- Flexibility, with an ability to multitask and take on different roles depending on the demands of the organisation, is required along with the availability to work occasional evenings and travel;
- A third-level qualification in a related field is desirable, but not essential.
Please note that garda vetting is required for all members in the organisation. Any offer of employment will be subject to the organisation receiving a satisfactory garda vetting disclosure prior to commencement of employment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe that you have the required qualities, please refer to the Job Description and Application Form available here - Chief Executive Officer - Ruhama . Please email your completed application form with Ref: CEO-Ruhama in the subject line to Recruitment@TalbotPierce.com.
Please note that CVs will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 11th March 2019.
First round interviews will be held the week of March 25th2019.
Ruhama is an equal opportunities employer.