Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Migrant Rights Centre Ireland (MRCI) is currently looking for a Receptionist / Administrative Assistant. The role of the Receptionist / Administrative Assistant will be to manage phone calls, greet visitors to the office, handle and respond to internal and external communications as well as a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. This is an exciting opportunity for an organised administrative worker who is committed to social justice, equality and anti-racism.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience
- Ability to manage busy phone line and reception area
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-moving & busy environment
- Excellent phone manner, communication and people skills
- IT skills
- Desirable: Knowledge of other languages
- Desirable: Knowledge of issues facing migrant workers in Ireland
- Welcome, assist and direct all visitors into the office
- Manage wait time and queue of people visiting Drop-in Centre and office
- Carry out the day-to-day administration in reception, including answering telephones, redirecting calls, emails, inputting data and the distribution of incoming and outgoing post
- Assist Drop-in Centre with referrals
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment and building
- Order and maintain stationery, catering and other office supplies
- Assist with external communications
- Work as part of MRCI team
- Perform other tasks as agreed with the Director
Apply by submitting an application form marked ‘Receptionist/Administrative Assistant’ by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary €26,000 per annum. 35 hours per week. The successful candidate will be directly employed by MRCI on a one-year contract.
Closing date for application: 5:00 pm on January 29th 2019.
For more information on the MRCI, see www.mrci.ie
MRCI is an equality opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applicants from a migrant background.