Nasc, the Migrant and Refugee Rights Centre are recruiting for a Project Officer to support our Gateway to Employment Project
Term: 12-month fixed term contract - 30 hours per week
About Nasc: Nasc is an independent human rights organisation that seeks to respond to the direct needs of immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers and their families in the Cork region. We campaign and lobby for effective policy change on a national and regional level.
About the Role: Nasc is inviting applications for a Project Officer to support our Pathways to Employment project. This project seeks to advance labour market integration for refugee women and female members of refugee families.
Job Description – Key areas of responsibility:
- Coordinate all aspects of the project, including reporting;
- Maintain accurate records for all aspects of the project;
- Recruit participants for the project;
- Identify, recruit and coordinate speakers, English language teacher and other teachers as may be required;
- Identify suitable work, education and volunteering placement opportunities for participants;
- Support participants to access employment, education or volunteer opportunities;
- Provide mentoring and developmental supports for participants;
- Develop and deliver training supports for participants;
- Support participants throughout the lifetime of the project;
- Develop appropriate pathways of referral to external projects or organisations;
- Work in a culturally sensitive manner;
- Manage the project budget;
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders
- Third level qualification in a relevant field or 5 years work experience in a similar role;
- 2 years’ experience in working with refugees and, in particular refugee women;
- Experience in the development and delivery of training supports;
- Experience in working in a community-based setting;
- Strong written and oral communication and reporting skills;
- Experience of managing a project.
- Knowledge of a second language, in particular, Arabic and/or French
Application is by CV and cover letter clearly outlining your suitability for the role to: Fiona Finn CEO Nasc, the Migrant and Refugee Rights Centre, 34 Paul Street Cork to: email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: Friday 01 February 2019 at 5.30 pm. Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Nasc is an equal opportunities employer.
This project was approved by the Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund