JOB TITLE: Advocacy & Communications Officer
REPORTING TO: Advocacy Manager & Communications Manager
JOB PURPOSE: UNICEF Ireland is hiring one full-time member of staff in the role of Advocacy & Communications Officer. You will work to create and roll out Communications and Advocacy campaigns and to support the day to day work of the Communications and Advocacy departments.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Increase public’s understanding of the work and aims of UNICEF, and of child rights.
- Maximise UNICEF’s voice and the impact of its messages through continuous analysis of the child rights sector and a good understanding of how to generate public interest.
- Take proactive approach to delivering a calendar of innovative Advocacy/Comms activities to support the organisation in delivering on its 4-year Strategic Plan.
- Project manage and deliver specific projects, as agreed.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of UI communications & advocacy.
- Identify opportunities for grant funding and devise strategies to win such funding.
- Educated to degree level or alternative long-term work record of on-the-job learning.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience.
- An excellent communicator who listens well to colleagues and can deliver on their needs.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including ability to write for the web.
- Understanding of social media platforms and the ability to message well using them.
- Experience using CMS platform (WordPress/Wix or similar).
- Ability to create and edit video an advantage.
- Photoshop experience an advantage.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be:
- Someone who has a deep interest in children’s rights and who follows Irish & World news.
- A creative person who has a collaborative approach to working.
- We want loads of initiative, a proven ability to solve problems and a positive outlook.
- You should be obsessed with telling compelling stories in an engaging way.
- An adaptable person who handles change well, enjoys challenges, and can juggle priorities.
- If you are interested in applying for this job you must be able to demonstrate research skills and an ability to evaluate and measure impacts through report writing. Your attention to detail must be exacting and you should place a high value on accuracy of information.
- An analytical and insightful person who is good at presenting that analysis and insight.
- Able to understand and summarise complex and statistical data. Ability to generate same.
- Able to understand law including libel, defamation, child protection & data protection.
- UNICEF Ireland seeks a driven person with excellent time management and work ethic.
- Able to build strong relationships and work effectively with colleagues worldwide.
- Occasionally willing to work unsocial hours and travel for work.
To apply: To apply for this role please email a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2nd.