NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Job Description: Social Care Manager
Reporting to: Director of Operations and Director of Services
- Managing a residential centre and be responsible for modelling and leading the development and promotion of professional social care and safety practice that delivers positive outcomes for young people and their families.
- Endeavouring to ensure all legislation and required standards are met within the centre
- Managing the care team with particular emphasis on placement plans and professional development.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the social care team in line with model of care and policies and procedures
- Providing supervision to staff in line with policy and procedures
- Participating as part of the oncall system to ensure the centre is supported at all times
- Ensuring health & safety is maintained at all times.
- Ensuring that social care and safety practices are delivered within a therapeutic and caring environment.
- Continuously improving social care practice through promoting a child-centred approach to both care staff and young people.
- Ensuring training schedules are updated and adhered to and additional training requirements are communicated to senior management
- Attend SERG meetings and Managers meetings as scheduled
- Participating as part of a multidisciplinary team and maintaining positive relationships
- Completing any tasks that are requested by senior management and are deemed necessary to ensure the smooth and professional operation of the centre/organisation
*This list is non exhaustive nor is it definitive
- A Minimum level 7 in Applied Social Care
- 5 Years’ experience working in Childrens’s Residential Settings
- 3 Years working as part of a management team
- A thorough knowledge of Principles and Practice of Social care.
- Understanding of basic management principles
- Full Driving License is essential
To Apply: Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Feb 14th 2020