Shannon’s Hopeline supports and educates young people on the importance of looking after their mental health. Aiming to prevent suicide by creating in them a sense of strength, hope and confidence. Shannon’s Hopeline do this by providing a low- cost counselling service for young people up to the age of 23 and provide a workshop called ‘Be Kind to your Mind’ to schools and youth clubs. Workshop includes confidence building, bullying, mindfulness and gratitude.
Workshop Facilitator, Tús Scheme
The role of a Workshop Facilitator will be to facilitate Shannon’s Hopeline workshop called ‘Be Kind to your Mind’. The workshop is designed to help with the mental health well-being of young people ranging from 10 upwards.
- Engaging with schools and youth clubs
- Facilitating workshops
- Organising date and times of the workshops
- Arranging meetings to promote the workshop
- Preparing the Gifts of Hope which we give to each participant at the end of workshop.
- Preparing materials for workshop
Knowledge and skills required
- A positive outlook on life and interested in the area of mental health and young people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Under the Tús Scheme you will be provided training in Train the Trainer Course QQI Level 6 and Child Protection Training.
Why should you join us?
This is a great opportunity to get involved in mental health and receive great training. You will be part of an organisation working to develop strong and confident young people.
The Tús initiatives managed by local development companies and Udaras na Gaeltachta for the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP), which has overall responsibility for the scheme.
To be eligible to participate in the Tús scheme you must:
- Available 19.5 hrs a week and will run for 1 year
- Have been continuously unemployed for at least 12 months and “signing on” on a full-time basis; and
- Have been receiving a jobseeker’s payment (Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Allowance) from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection for at least 12 months; and
- Be currently receiving Jobseeker’s Allowance (JA)
Note: If you are getting JA and have break(s) of up to 30 days in your jobseekers record over the last 12 months, you will be eligible for Tús.
CV should be sent to Lisa Kelleher at Lisa@shannonshopeline.ie.