Fresh Start is the longest existing Private Provider of Residential Social Care in Ireland with numerous centres throughout the Leinster and Munster regions. We have a proven track record in delivering positive outcomes for the children and young people we look after. Fresh Start works in partnership with the Child and Family Agency to implement individualised care packages for all children and young people availing of the service. Each centre provides therapeutic care programmes for children and young people who present with a variety of needs. The needs and views of the children and young people we look after are central to the work we undertake. Fresh Start is now recruiting for the following positions:
Social Care Workers – Full-time & Relief (required nationally)
Social Care Workers are tasked with forming and sustaining appropriate relationships with children and young people resident in the centre. The role includes being an advocate for children and young people, keeping children and young people safe, teaching new skills and assisting them in their day-to-day living. The role of Social Care Worker is supported by an extensively qualified Management Team, inclusive of a Clinical Team to support the day to day service provision.
- For Full-time Social Care Worker positions, the candidate must have, at a minimum, a B.A. in Social Care or the equivalent in a related discipline.
- For Relief Social Care Worker positions, the candidate must, at a minimum, be enrolled in a recognised Third Level Degree Course in Social Care or equivalent.
- Candidates must have the ability to work under the National Standards for Children’s Residential Centres, Best Practice Guidelines and Company Policy.
- The candidate should have a positive outlook in supporting children and young people through challenging situations.
Full Driver’s license is advantageous.
Salary ranges from €35,000 to €45,000 per annum for appropriately qualified individuals, with incremental increases. Premium payments for Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays are also paid.
Benefits for Staff include:
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Access to Personal Accident Cover *
- Death in Service Insurance Cover *
- Income Protection *
- PRSA Scheme *
- Maternity Payment *
- Compassionate Leave *
- Career Breaks *
- 10% Discount on Home & Motor Insurance
- Post Crisis Response Support/Meetings
- Paid Attendance at both Internal and Mandatory Training
- Access to Childlink resource
- Team Building
- Individual Supervision
*Subject to Terms & Conditions
If you have acquired the appropriate qualifications, knowledge and experience, and are seeking a new challenge, please make your application via our website (www.freshstart.ie), or alternatively you can request an Application Form and Job Description, citing the Job Reference, to email@example.com.
Please quote Job Reference SCW1219 on all correspondence relating to Social Care Worker posts.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 18th February 2020.