Role Summary: To work in partnership with the manager of Busy Kids to ensure the efficient day-to-day running and management of the Childcare facility and to provide direct pre-school provision to children aged 0 – 12 years. The deputy childcare Manager will establish and maintain highest standards of care and education in accordance with the best practices and within available resources. Coordinate with the manager in all areas of staff deployment, establishing and maintaining standards as set out by Sonas and Tusla Regulations. Establish and maintain relationships with colleagues, children and families that are based on respect and equality.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Must ensure the service operates to full capacity through efficient enquiry tracking and follow us to maximise FTE enrolment and occupancy uptake.
- Efficiently manage the registration of all new children in line with company registration policies and procedures.
- To work with Support Office ensuring all financial aspects of the role are completed within time scales and to agreed quality standards.
Health and Safety
- Be fully responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all children and staff. Develop and implement safety systems.
- To ensure that a high standard of health and safety is maintained in line with relevant legislation
- To ensure that the building is in excellent condition at all times in compliance with the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016, the Health, Safety and Welfare at Work Act 2005, and in line with company Policies and Procedures.
- To develop and maintain best practice, child centred, play based standards as outlined in Siolta, the national quality framework, Aistear the national Curriculum Framework and the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016.
- To ensure that quality standards are maintained in relation to the professionalism of staff as set out in the standards established by Busy Kids.
- To be an advocate for the Busy Kids values and embed values based culture within the organisation through identifying and acknowledging employee examples of demonstrated value based behaviours.
- To manage and maintain petty cash system and records in line with company Financial Procedures. To maintain all Financial Records including: Wages, Fees, Cheque Journals, Lodgements, Payments Records, Financial lodgements and Petty Cash in line with the company financial Procedures. To establish and maintain a Fixed Assets Register.
- To manage the procurement, delivery and maintenance of equipment and ancillaries in line with creche budget and to maintain corresponding records
- To implement an effective communication system with parents/guardians, to include a parent viewings and induction meetings and provision for regular parent/carer meetings, in line with company Policies and Procedures.Meet parents as necessary to discuss children’s progress.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply for the role:
Please send a copy of your Cv and cover letter to Amy Curley at email@example.com