An Cosan/ Fledglings Early Years Education & Care recruiting:
ROLE: AIM Support Assistant
LOCATION: Fledglings St. Catherine’s Early Years’ service, Cabra, Dublin 7
START: January 2020
WORKING HOURS: 8.45-11.45 Monday-Friday = 15 hrs per week. Contract until end-June 2020.
- Minimum QQI (FETAC) Level 5 Award and 2 years’ experience in Early Childhood Education Sector
About AIM model:
The AIM model promotes inclusive practice and offers all children an opportunity of meaningful participation in a pre-school setting. Determining how to allow a child to participate varies depending on the need of the child.
AIM is a strength-based model and not an SNA model, however some children will require one to one care.
About the role:
The role is a support role, providing guidance, support and assistance to the one child and/or or to the room and Early Years team when and as needed. It may be a case that you act as an overall Early Years Educator within the classroom and only occasionally getting involved with the AIM child.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties are subject to regular review and consultations with the child’s Key Worker, Parents and the Manager to ensure that the child receiving ongoing support in the most effective manner. Duties may include the list below however this will depend on the educational plan and guidance from Manager.
- Supervision of the child at all times where required
- Support given to increase child’s access and inclusion into daily activities, routines and group play
- Support to encourage positive peer interactions and to foster positive social and emotional development in the child
- Support to help the child in daily self-care (e.g. changing, toileting, eating, cleaning face and hands) Additional support in all forms of child’s development where required, in partnership with team members
- Planning, preparation and implementation of activities tailored to the specific child’s needs, to help engage and encourage positive peer interactions, in collaboration with team members Participation in all creche activities (e.g. participation in group games/activities to support child’s inclusion; assistance with conflict resolution involving child etc.)
- Participation in staff meetings and planning meetings
If you want to get more information please contact Edina on (01)4628488 or 0877839267.
TO APPLY: SEND YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER TO firstname.lastname@example.org