Saint John of God Community Services, Dublin South East provides a network of education, training, employment, respite and community living supports to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in the Dublin South East Region.
Clinical Nurse Manager 2
- Children’s Respite Services
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Clinical Nurse Manager 2 for our young persons Respite Service based in Glenageary. The Respite Service seeks to provide planned short-term breaks and positive experiences for children with a moderate, severe or profound intellectual disability. Through offering such breaks, it also seeks to support and maintain the primary care-giving relationship.
The primary role of the CNM2 will be to effectively lead, pro-actively manage and organise services. S/he will be committed to providing the highest standard of services in support of the children and young persons to live satisfying, fulfilling and interesting lives. The Respite Service is registered with HIQA.
This is a CNM2/Person in Charge role for our Children’s Respite Service which provides afterschool and weekend respite for children with a moderate/severe intellectual disability.
The CNM2 will also provide periodic clinical governance for our 1.5 Nurses who support our Special School.
The successful candidate will:
- Be on the current register of The Nursing and Midwifery Board and preferably RNID trained with evidence of continuous professional development
- Minimum of three years management experience, ideally in the disability sector, and the ability to demonstrate excellent leadership skills, including excellent communication, interpersonal skills and change management
- Relevant manager qualification or in process of gaining same
- The ability to motivate and develop a staff team and ensure staff implement organisational policies and procedures
- Have experience of supporting individuals with learning/intellectual disabilities
- Have experience in the area of autism and positive behaviour supports
- Be proficient in developing, implementing and evaluating Individual Programmes/Person Centred Supports
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Health Act Regulations, HIQA Standards and all other relevant legislation as well as relevant social care models
- A proven track record in the delivery of Person Centred services and supports.
- A flexible working approach that responds to service provision. On Call is part of this role
- A Full Clean Driver’s License
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your letter of application along with your Curriculum Vitae by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Informal enquiries to Claire McDonald - Tel: 087 775 5923.
Shortlisting will apply.
Saint John of God Community Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
HOSPITALITY COMPASSION EXCELLENCE JUSTICE RESPECT