Job Title: Homework Club Coordinator – Part Time contract
Terms: 10 hours per week Wednesday and Thursday Afternoons – Fixed Term 12 month contract from January 2020
Responsible To: Family Support Coordinator Cork
To co-ordinate the current Battview Matters homework club in Charleville, Co. Cork and oversee its future development ensuring it is responsive to the needs of children attending.
This will involve the implementation of a range of needs-led educational and recreational programmes in line with Better Outcomes Brighter Futures (The national policy framework for children and young people 2014-2020) working in collaboration with the service manager in the overall delivery of the wraparound services within the family hub.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide ongoing direct support to the children in the homework club
- To develop and coordinate the homework club in a way that is responsive to the needs of young people, parents and the wider community.
- With the family support coordinator, review the current operational model on and on-going basis to ensure a model of best practice is in place, identify and support further areas of development within the service, explore and support applications for future potential funding streams.
- To operate within all the policies and procedures and guidelines as stipulated by Respond Support and develop those as appropriate to the service.
- To ensure that the service design and delivery supports children and young people with additional needs and vulnerabilities.
- To develop positive and supportive relationships with children’s parents and guardians, to encourage and support them through signposting to other services where needs are apparent for their children
- To plan, implement, document and evaluate all programme activities and practices to ensure that the services is needs-led at all times.
- Look at specific ways and programmes to promote and support the social and emotional development of the children attending the service
- To work in a multi-agency and multi-disciplinary manner with both internal and external stakeholders.
- To manage and support staff and seek to develop the teams and individuals performance to ensure the effective running of the service.
- To complete all relevant documentation and maintain all records that are a requirement of the agencies funding and supporting the service.
- To provide monthly management and practice reports to line manager.
- To monitor service level budget with family support coordinator, agree budget spend on resources with activity leader once a quarter
- To develop a positive co-operative relationship with the project worker, to liaise with him/her on a weekly basis with regard their input into the homework club
- To monitor and follow up on fee arrears with parents and guardians.
- Manage the delivery of programmes in compliance with Respond Support’s safeguarding and health and safety standards, including the identification of potential risks and completion of relevant risk assessments.
- Participate in and avail of training and continuous professional development.
- To comply with Respond Support Child Protection and Welfare Policy.
- To comply with responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts 1988-2011, Freedom of Information Acts 1999-2014.
- To carry out any other duties that maybe assigned by line manager from time to time.
- Professional qualification in Early Education or Youth Work/ Social Care, or related field - Minimum level 7 desirable
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a childcare/community/family support setting
- At least 2 years’ experience of working directly with children and young people
- Have a minimum of 1 year’s supervisory experience in a related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, possess good leadership and facilitation skills
- Aptitude and empathy with children and young people
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Report writing and administration skills
- Demonstrate a strong teamwork ethic and a capacity to work under own initiative.
- Garda Vetting will be required on an ongoing basis.
To apply for the attached please send C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 21st November 2019