Exciting Opportunity for Person In Charge (PIC) Positions
Based in Dublin & Wexford
Are you a Clinical Nurse Manager or Social Care Worker / Leader looking for the a fantastic job opportunity?
Stepping Stones Care is currently seeking applications for A Person In charge (PIC) for designated residential services for children with ID and Autism.
The successful candidate will be:
- Fully Registered with the Board of Nursing Midwives OR have a Social Care Level 8 (Honours) Degree.
- Recognised Management Course OR currently enrolled in one.
- 3 years post qualification experience in the area of intellectual disability
- 3 years management experience within a healthcare setting
- Excellent knowledge of the HIQA Standards and Health Act 2008 - 2013 Regulations
- Full and clean driving license
- This is a fantastic job opportunity for the right candidate.
- Applicants must have relevant experience in a PIC role OR similar.
- Excellent knowledge of HIQA standards mandatory.
Salary: Competitive & Dependent on experience.
Please send applications to email@example.com
Closing Date: 25th November 2019
Purpose & Responsibilities of the Position
- To work in conjunction with the Management Team
- Together with Directors lead a staff team in meeting the needs of the young people in our care in respect of emotional, social, physical, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural.
- To ensure that the care that we provide to the young people is of a high standard and is maintained on an on going basis,
- To be familiar with all policies and procedures within Stepping Stone’s Care, legislation, national standards and HIQA Regulations,
- To empower the staff team, role model and nurture and develop a therapeutic environment that is within the ethos and model of care of Stepping Stone’s Care,
- To liaise with Key-workers and the wider staff team in respect of young people's case files.
- To work in conjunction with Directors in developing a warm, and nurturing and safe environment for all young people in our care,
- To work under the direction of Director of Services,
- To report directly to the Director of Services
- To attend review meetings with external professional as required
- To maintain a strong presence on the floor that encourages and promotes best practice to fellow staff members.
- To manage the unit, and accept full responsibility for the running of the unit,
- To empower all young people in our care to make choices that are positive in nature,
- To provide Key working to our young people that enables them to develop and grow and achieve appropriate coping skills,
- To maintain clear and consistent boundaries with the young people in our care as per policy and procedure,
- To be respectful of the young people's cultural background and to promote this within the unit,
- To create an environment that is open and approachable,
- To liaise with family, school and other professionals,
- To create placement plans that are child centred and meet the individual needs of the young people in our care,
- To monitor and review the implementation of these plans on a monthly basis and provide feedback to the unit manager,
- To actively involve and engage the young people, advocates, family, guardians and other professionals in the decision making process of their care,
- To monitor best practice of care both internally and external to the unit,
- To promote the young people to engage in outside pursuits within the community in order to create a sense of belonging and attachment to that group,
- To safeguard young people,
- To ensure that each young person receives appropriate medical, psychiatric and psychological input as deemed necessary,
- To fulfil all roster and on call requirements
- To become an intrinsic part in the updating and development of policies and procedures within the unit,
- To act as an advocate for the young people in our care,
- To complete and monitor reports as directed by the unit manager,
- To take responsibility for health and safety, medication, register review, supervision etc.,
- To participate in management meetings as requested
- To meet all standards and regulations in the notification of significant events, standards reports and HIQA reports,
- To attend supervision with the PIC on a monthly basis,
- To provide supervision or mentoring to staff as required
- To report any practice concerns to Director of service in a timely manner,
- To maintain all information belonging to young people is stored in a locked cabinet,
- To comply with any other duties requested by the Directors of Services.