Team Leader – Leixlip Youth Project
Kildare Youth Services supports young people, children and families in Co. Kildare & West Wicklow to enable them to live a full and active life within their communities and society. The Leixlip Youth Project is a DCYA funded Targeted Youth Funding Scheme Project, which provides services and interventions specifically for young people aged 10 – 24 who have identified needs additional to the general population.
The Leixlip Youth Project Team Leader will lead the project team to develop and implement services and interventions for young people in the locality based on their identified needs. This post is based in Leixlip, Co. Kildare.
The successful candidate must highlight in their application form that they:
- Have a recognised 3rd level qualification in Youth Work, Community Work, Social Studies or Social Care.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience of working in a youth work setting with ‘at-risk’ young people in a paid capacity.
- Have experience of developing positive working relationships with young people, their families and communities.
- Have experience of leading a team.
- Have experience of providing line management, support & supervision to staff/volunteers/students.
- Have experience of working on an inter-agency basis with a range of partners.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate at interview that they:
- Have a good working knowledge of the youth work sector in Ireland.
- Have a strong working knowledge of child protection legislation specifically Children First.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are willing to work unsocial hours and a time off in lieu system.
- Have a full clean driving license and own transport.
The successful candidate will be employed by Kildare Youth Services (KYS) on a 12 month fixed-term contract, including a 6 month probationary period with a scheduled start date of January, 2020. Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 8th November, 2019. Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 19th November, 2019.
For job description and application form contact Kildare Youth Services on Email: email@example.com Tel: 045 897 893
Applications by KYS electronic application form only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the advertisement fully, follow the instructions, and supply the information requested. Do not attach CVs with your application. Completed application forms must contain details of three referees (including your current or most recent employer).