Overall Purpose of Post
To contribute to the work of BRYR as a youth welfare and development organisation with a youth work approach. The Project Leader will lead, manage and supervise a team of Youth Workers in the delivery of the Annual Work Plan. S/he will be a member of the BRYR Management Team and play an important role in contributing to the overall leadership and development of BRYR, as defined in BRYR’s current Strategic Plan, and outcomes that result from the current Strategic Review
- Report directly to the Manager and to work as an integral part of the BRYR Management Team towards the achievement of the organisation’s overall objectives.
- Work intrinsically with other members of the Management Team in the provision of overall services to young people.
- Ensure that the actions laid down by the current/future strategy are realised through annual workplans.
- Report on the progress of the Action Plan to the Board every month and to propose adjustments, ideas relevant to the objectives of the strategic plan.
- Manage all attendance, timekeeping, leave and performance appraisal requirements for all members of staff team.
- Provide supervision and support to Staff Team, using the established supervisory process.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local, statutory and community agents on efforts to promote and pursue the development and welfare of young people in Ballymun.
- Contribute to BRYR’s advocacy for youth development generally.
- Contribute to BRYR’s ongoing review of strategy, policy and good practice.
- Prepare and pursue fund-raising initiatives and grant applications.
- Budget and manage the allocated finances by the Board and Youth Service Manager
- Facilitation staff in the preparation of all reviews of the programme of work and co-ordinate the writing up/publishing of monthly/quarterly and yearly reports.
- All other reasonable requests of the Youth Service Manager/Board of Directors.
Key Skills /Experience
- An *NSETS recognised professionally endorsed qualification in Youth Work or Youth and Community Work is essential plus 5 years full time experience of working with young people at risk in a youth work setting in a paid capacity
- Have worked with young people for five years full time and have experience of working with young people at risk in a youth work setting in a paid capacity and have an equivalent professional Degree level qualification within the Education/Social Sciences /Youth Work or Community Work field.
- Experience & knowledge of working with young people in a comparable environment such as Ballymun
- Excellent liaison and communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively with other organisations and groups
- Given the innovative and strategic nature of BRYR’s work, the Project Leader will be expected to have a high degree of flexibility, both in terms of day-to-day work and in terms of the work plan
- The Project Leader is expected to have proven leadership and supervision skills
- Ability to write reports, make funding applications and support others to do the same
- Familiarity with word processing and office procedures
- At least 2 years in a role supervising staff and volunteers is desirable
Place of Work
The Project Leader will be based in the offices in Ballymun Regional Youth Resource, Sillogue Road, Ballymun. Activities take place outside of this facility also in other amenities managed by BRYR or other 3rd parties within Ballymun and elsewhere.
The Project Leader will report to the Youth Service Manager and the Board of Directors on the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans. This will take the form of both verbal and written reports at weekly meetings of the Management Team and monthly meetings with the Board of Directors.
The nature of the post requires flexibility related to the operational hours of the service and attendance at meetings, groups and training. This will involve scheduled evening, weekend and residential work.
At the discretion of the Board/Management the Project Leader must be willing to exercise interchangeability with regard to the needs and demands of service delivery. Staff must be willing to assume responsibilities within other departments where need arises and/or circumstances change accordingly.
External Relations and Representation
As agreed with the Board and in pursuit of the strategic goals of BRYR
- Representing BRYR on appropriate external agencies and organisations
- Work with personnel in other statutory, community and voluntary organisations/agencies as appropriate.
- Carry out the work in a professional manner in accordance with the policies of BRYR
- Undertake additional duties as may be required from time to time, as assigned by the Board
- Engage in direct work with young people as required
- Fulfil role of ‘Mandated Person’ in accordance with the Children First Act 2015
Salary scale will commensurate with CDYSB Project Leader pay scale. This is a full-time position 35hrs per week
Applications must include a cover letter highlighting suitability for the role along with an up-to-date CV by post or by email to:
Ms. Sinead Ryan
Ballymun Regional Youth Resource
Sillogue Road, Ballymun, D11 PX34
Closing Date: 5.00pm, Friday 18th October 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday, 22nd October 2019
Proposed date for Interviews: Wednesday 30th October 2019 (tbc)