NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Youth Counsellor (Part-time)
Kildare Youth Services (KYS) supports young people, children and families in Co. Kildare & West Wicklow to enable them to live a full and active life within their communities and society. The Youth Counselling Service is a TUSLA-funded project, which aims to provide 1:1 therapeutic support to young people form 11 – 24 years and their families.
The Youth Counsellor will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide a professional and accessible, counselling service to the community, to young people and their families. This is a Part-Time 3-day per week role. The post will be based in Athy and will serve the surrounding communities.
Your application should clearly demonstrate that you have experience of:
- The assessment of young people for counselling support
- One-to-one counselling with young people
- The provision of family support
- Liaising with and processing referrals to and from G.P.s, schools, youth groups, social workers, primary health care professionals and others as appropriate.
- The prompt identification and notification of Child Protection and Welfare Concerns in accordance with TUSLA Child and Family Agency and Kildare Youth Services Policies and Procedures.
- Maintaining records & observing professional standards in respect of confidentiality and data protection
- Both clinical supervision and line management support & supervision.
- Suitably qualified applicants must be eligible for registration with IACP, PSI or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be employed by Kildare Youth Services (KYS) on a 12 month fixed-term contract, including a 6 month probationary period. Closing date for applications is 1pm on Friday 11th October 2019.
For job description and application form contact Kildare Youth Services on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 045 856968
Completed applications by KYS electronic application form only to: Lorraine Shortt, Youth Counselling Coordinator on email@example.com
Completed application forms must contain details of three referees (including your current or most recent employer).