Job Title: Development Officer
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Reporting to: Manager
Salary Scale: The post is aligned to Local Authority Salary Scale Grade V. Successfull candidates will start on the first point of Scale.
Duration of Contract: 12-month fixed term contract subject to continuation of funding
Overview of Role:
The main purpose of the role is to assist in the development and implementation of the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee’s (DlrCCC) annual work plans and to ensure a co-ordinated and cost-effective approach to the implementation and delivery of quality early years services in accordance with the aims and objectives of DlrCCC and national childcare policy and programmes.
- To promote and support quality, best practice and compliance in all aspects of Early Years and School Age childcare service provision in line with relevant legislation, regulatory requirements and quality frameworks
- To support Early Years, School Age providers and Childminders in the implementation and compliance with the National Childcare Schemes
- To support and advise early years and school age services on governance and sustainability
- To facilitate and deliver training courses and information sessions to early years and school age services (including childminders)
- To assist relevant stakeholders with the application and submission of funding proposals to POBAL and the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA)
- To support new and existing Early Years and School Age providers in the identification of childcare needs in their locality, to build capacity, to assist with policies and procedures, etc
- To support Early Years and School Age providers in identifying and meeting training needs and quality supports
- To provide information and support to parents and provider networks
- To gather, share and support dissemination of information and learning countywide through mechanisms such as the website and social media
- To provide support in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive database of information, in relation to the type and nature of childcare facilities being provided
- To support the development and implementation of national priorities and initiatives in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- To support the undertaking of research on models of best childcare practice as appropriate
- To liaise with relevant statutory and voluntary and community agencies
- To ensure at all times that the needs and rights of the child are a primary consideration
- Through ongoing professional development, to build on the capacity of the sector to enhance and develop quality services for children and their families
- To ensure effective and transparent collaboration, communication and consultation, and optimum use of resources by all stakeholders in early childhood care and education
- Provide progress reports as requested
- Contribute to the mid-year and annual reports
- Contribute to annual work plans
- Work within budget
- To adhere to all policies procedures and guidelines as developed by the DlrCCC
- To attend meetings and conferences as appropriate
- To attend evening and weekend meetings and / or training sessions as may be required from time to time
- Undertake any duties that may be assigned
The following are the Essential and Desirable attributes required for this post:
- A minimum qualification of at least Level 7 on the National Qualifications Framework in Early Childhood Care and Education or a relevant discipline
- Experience in delivering training
- Strong working knowledge of the early years and school age childcare sector, current childcare legislation and Government policy
- An understanding of the regulatory framework that services must operate within and the quality frameworks that services are now expected to meet
- Understanding of issues and needs challenging childcare service providers and parents
- Ability to work responsively as part of a team or on own initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience of planning and organising time and workload effectively
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent report writing and information gathering skills
- Experience of using IT packages such as Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Full drivers licence and the use of a car
- Train the trainer or qualification in adult education
- A knowledge of the early years sector in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County
- Familiarity with funding and funding applications
- Experience working in a development and quality support role with early years’ services
- Experience taking the lead on and co-ordinating projects as part of an organisations strategic plan
Candidates are subject to Garda Vetting.
Applicants must submit a fully completed application form to arrive no later than 5pm on Wednesday 25th September. Late applications will not be accepted.
To request a copy of the application form please contact Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2896600.
Interviews will be held on 3rd October and will take place at Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee Offices, Deansgrange Business Park, Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
About Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee:
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee is one of 30 City / County Childcare Committees in Ireland funded by the DCYA.
The key role of DlrCCC is to facilitate and support the development of quality, accessible childcare services in the county and to support and assist families and childcare providers with childcare matters at local level. DlrCCC is responsible for administering national childcare funding programmes within the county, on behalf of the DCYA.
The Development Officer will be responsible to the Board of Management of DlrCCC and will report directly to the County Childcare Manager. All roles within the company are subject to continuation of funding and any terms and conditions associated.
The nature and duties of this role may be subject to revision and change from time to time in line with developments within the sector and with the company’s funders and stakeholders.
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee is an Equal Opportunities employer; funded by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs through POBAL.