Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Barnardos was established in 1962. We work with vulnerable children and their families and campaign for the rights of all children.
Administration Worker - Human Resources Dublin 8
Fulltime (37 hours) & Permanent
Salary: €23,187 - €35,919 DOE
What does the Human Resources Department do?
The HR department works closely with managers and employees across the organisation and with external agencies to ensure that all employees receive a supportive HR service and that Barnardos meets its statutory obligations in relation to employment in Barnardos. Barnardos currently has 430 employees.
The HR department’s functions include:
- Co-ordinating the recruitment and selection of new employees.
- HR administration such as issuing contracts of employment etc.
- Salary administration ensuring accurate and timely information is passed to payroll.
- Overseeing the Garda Vetting process for staff.
- Updating attendance records.
- Providing support to managers and staff on HR policies and queries.
- Co-ordinating the Health and Safety function across the organisation.
What will the Administration Worker do?
The post holder will provide administration support to a busy HR dept which will include, updating our HR database with staff absences, salary and HR administration and supporting the recruitment of vacancies in the National Office.
The post holder will also answer any HR queries that staff and managers may have.
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of two years directly relevant experience is essential.
- Experience of working on HR systems desirable
The following are essential requirements for this post:
- Junior Certificate or equivalent minimum level of education.
- Working ability in IT Systems (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the use of databases) and numeracy skills.
- A qualification in HR is desirable.
For full job description check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs
Closing date: 12noon, Friday 27th September 2019.
Interview date: Monday 14th October 2019
Shortlisting will apply (please note, cv’s are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through our website).
Cv’s are accepted only in addition to submission of a fully completed application form.