NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The Cavan 365 South East Cavan Extension Project
Foróige, the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country, through the Department of Justice and Equality and by the European Social Fund 2014 – 2020 through the Irish Youth Justice Service in conjunction with An Garda Síochána, invite applications for the following position:
YOUTH JUSTICE WORKER
The Cavan 365 South East Cavan Extension Project is be part of a network of Garda Youth Diversion Projects; funded by the Department of Justice and Equality and by the European Social Fund 2014 – 2020 and Dormant Accounts funding through the Irish Youth Justice Service, in conjunction with An Garda Síochána and managed by Foróige. This is a new post intended to support the work of the Cavan 365 catchment area that includes the Cavan-Belturbet and Bailieboro Garda Districts.
The successful applicant will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to Degree standard preferably in Youth / Justice / Health Promotion work
- Access to car and full Irish driving licence
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability to liaise with a wide range of contacts and build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be proactive, use own initiative and work effectively within a pressurised environment.
- Good written communications skills, including ability to draft summary information and correspondence, good report writing skills.
- Good computer and presentation skills, including Word, Excel and Social Media.
Please view the job spec below for full details on all requirements.
Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Job Application form only.
The full job spec and Foróige application form can be downloaded from this page (see below) and is also available to download from the ‘careers’ section of our website www.foroige.ie or can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that all applications can only be accepted by way of Foróige Application Form
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00 NOON Thursday 19th of September 2019
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.