Position Title: Youth Development Officer
Agency/Programme: Crosscare Youth Services
Location: Crosscare Dun Laoghaire Youth Service Shanganagh/Shankill
Work Schedule: Part time post 22.5 hours per week
Reports to: Youth Service Manager
To deliver youth work programmes and interventions based on Crosscare’s Youth Work Approach that are young person centred, outcomes focused and based on the identified needs, strengths and interests of young people with an emphasis on those most in need in the catchment area.
- To implement youth work programmes in line with funding requirements
- To spend a minimum of 60% of working hours in direct contact with young people, with an emphasis on those most in need
- Establish new programmes and projects as may be required within the area
- Develop and maintain community relationships
- Liaise with families and other relevant services or agencies as required
- To ensure organised programmes fit within the youth work process and Crosscare’s Youth Work Approach
- To work a minimum of three nights per week including Friday nights and some weekends to meet the needs of the young people and the service as requested
- To carry out outreach and detached work to engage with young people who are not engaging
- To organise and participate in residentials as part of the youth work programme
- To attend and participate at staff meetings and other meetings as requested
- To represent the Youth Service, when requested, at various committees
- To submit all paperwork within the specified time period
- To apply for relevant grants related to ongoing work, in consultation with your line manager
- To work within the ethos and values of Crosscare
- To implement the Crosscare Strategy
- To attend training relevant to the work
- To manage challenging behaviours and situations
- To work in collaboration with the existing team
- To carry out any other duties assigned by your line manager
- Third Level Qualification in Youth Work (or other relevant discipline) and a minimum of 1 years experience within this sector.
- Full clean driving licence is essential. A D1 Mini bus licence would be an advantage also.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Creativity & innovation
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent organisational, time management & record keeping skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent facilitation and group work skills
- Empathy and understanding
- Negotiation skills
- Have an understanding of the work of Crosscare’s Youth Services
- Have an understanding of the National Policy Framework for Youth Work, in particular The Better Outcomes, Brighter Futures Policy Framework and the National Quality Standards Framework (NQSF)
To apply, please sent a CV and cover letter with the Subject line of Youth Development Officer Dun Laoghaire to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly which position you are applying for.
Closing date for all applications is Monday 23rd Sept at 5.00pm.
CROSSCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
This job offer will be made subject to Garda Vetting.