NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
As part of Saint John of God Community Services, Dublin South East provides a network of education, training, employment, respite and community living supports to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in South Dublin.
Staff Nurses and Social Care Workers
Children’s Respite Service
Permanent Full Time/Permanent Part Time/Relief Hours available
We are recruiting for the above positions providing support to children with intellectual disabilities in our Children’s Respite Services, Angel’s Quest.
The successful candidates must be committed to providing the highest standard of services in support of children to live satisfying, fulfilling and interesting lives. Our respite service runs from Monday to Thursday until evening time and runs a 24/7 service at weekends. This role will require flexible weekend and weekday working to reflect the needs of the Children’s Respite Service.
The successful candidate will:
- Be on the current register of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and preferably RNID trained OR Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies/Social Care or equivalent
- Have a strong interest and /or experience in working with children with an intellectual disability and their families.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal, organisational and initiative skills.
- Understanding of POMS, Advocacy, Human Rights and Risk Management concepts.
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities and relevant legislation pertinent to support of children.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and social model practice in support of children;
- A full manual driving license (please outline any penalty pts on application).
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your letter of application along with your Curriculum Vitae by email only to email@example.com quoting REF:AQNURSESEPT2019
Informal enquiries to Sharon MacKessy – Tel: 01-285 2900
Closing Date: 13th September 2019
Shortlisting will apply.
Saint John of God Community Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We operate HSE (Health Service Executive) funded services across Intellectual Disability, Adult Mental Health and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
HOSPITALITY CARE COMPASSION DIGNITY EXCELLENCE JUSTICE RESPECT TRUST