Job Title: After-school Project Manager – Part Time contact – Location - Kilkenny
Department: Early Education & After-school Care 20 hours Monday to Friday Afternoons
Responsible to: Regional Early Years Education Manager
To design and establish an after-school programme for children and young people attending Millennium After School. This will involve the implementation of a range of needs-led educational and recreational programmes in line with Better Outcomes Brighter Futures (The national policy framework for children and young people 2014-2020) working in collaboration with the service manager in the overall delivery of the wraparound services within the family hub.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- To establish a quality after-school service that is responsive to the needs of young people, parents and the wider community.
- To operate within all the policies and procedures and guidelines as stipulated by Respond Support.
- To ensure that the service design supports children and young people with additional needs and vulnerabilities across all service provision.
- To plan, implement, document and evaluate all programme activities and practices to ensure that the services is needs-led at all times.
- To work in a multi-agency and multi-disciplinary manner with both internal and external stakeholders. Represent Respond Support on local external committee for networking and profiling.
- To manage and support staff and seek to develop the teams and individuals performance to ensure the effective running of the service.
- To implement Respond Support supervision process with assigned staff for professional development, case management and reflective practice.
- To complete all relevant documentation and maintain all records that are a requirement of the regulatory agencies governing the service. To manage Pobal online Pip Portal.
- To provide monthly management and practice reports to line manager.
- To manage and monitor overall service budgets and authorize petty cash/programme spend in line with policy.
- Manage the delivery of programmes in compliance with Respond Support’s safeguarding and health and safety standards, including the identification of potential risks and completion of relevant risk assessments.
- To be responsible for the accommodation from which the service is provided and act as a key holder for the building and secure the building were appropriate
- Participate in and avail of training and continuous professional development.
- To comply with Respond Support Child Protection and Welfare Policy.
- To comply with responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts 1988-2011, Freedom of Information Acts 1999-2014.
- To carry out any other duties that maybe assigned by line manager from time to time.
- Professional qualification in Early Education or Youth Work/ Social Care, or related field - Minimum level 7 desirable
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a childcare/community/family support setting
- Have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, possess good leadership and facilitation skills
- Aptitude and empathy with children and young people
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Report writing and administration skills
- Demonstrate a strong teamwork ethic and a capacity to work under own initiative.
- Garda Vetting will be required on an ongoing basis.
To apply for the attached please send c.v. and covering letter to email@example.com before close of business Friday 20th September 2019.