NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Project Worker South Tipperary
12 month contract
Aim of project
To support young people from Co Tipperary with a diagnosis of a disability in which their disability may impact their employ-ability, train-ability and 21st century skills. These young people are furthest from the labour market and are experiencing challenges socially, functionally and educationally. The key aim for the intended target group is to give young people an opportunity to develop practical and functional skills which enable them to participate fully in their communities. The main focus of the work is to develop and implement interventions for young people (15-24) in need of employability support, who have; a diagnosis of ASD, a mental health condition, a learning disability or Hidden disability.
Purpose of role: The Ability Project Worker will be responsible for reporting and supporting the Project Co-Ordinator in the programme. The Ability Project Worker will be responsible for working directly with young people engaged in the programme. The Project Worker will also play a key role in the referral processes, recruitment of participants, assessment and exit strategies. They will provide one to one mentorship, support and individualized coaching to the participants on this scheme, utilizing a youth work approach. The Project Worker will also be a vital link between the young person and the employer. They will be involved in building an awareness of the Ability project across all relevant stakeholders (including employers).
Reporting to: Head of project delivery & CEO of YWIT
Education & Experience
Suitable candidates must have:
- A recognised relevant level 7 qualification
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a similar or related field.
- Experience of working with young people with a disability and/or young people with mental health difficulties or challenging behaviour
- An awareness of and familiarity with the issues relating to the barriers that young people with disability can face in progressing education, training or employment.
- Knowledge of the mentor role
- Experience of interagency programmes.
- Evidence of the production of high quality plans, reports and written material.
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of data management and CRM Systems.
- A current full driving license and access to own transport.
- Project management experience or qualification
- Excellent communication & facilitation skills.
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Empathetic and sensitive to deal with young people with disabilities.
- Self-motivated to achieve high standards and outcomes.
- Ability to analyse information and make decisions that meet the goals of the project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a wide range of contacts to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Flexible to respond to changing needs as they arise and cope with pressure.
- Highly organised, good time management with ability to prioritise work.
Application Deadline: September 18th 2019 at 5 PM.