NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Job Title: Community Youth Worker – Fethard & Killenaule
Employed by: Board of Directors, Tipperary Regional Youth Service
Reporting to: Head of Project Delivery & Chief Executive
The purpose of this job is to implement the objectives and programmes of Youth Work Ireland Tipperary, and to work within the community to develop and deliver programmes and activities for young people living in Fethard & Killenaule area thus supporting the improvement of quality of life of young people.
The Youth Worker will:
- Work to develop the provision of quality youth services and the development of integrated initiatives responsive to youth needs.
- Target and engage with young people, particularly those at risk, those experiencing disadvantage and those engaging in antisocial behaviour, and work to develop programme for intervention and discussion, particularly group activities and group work programmes as per the remit of the Youth Project.
- Implement agreed action areas from the Youth Work Ireland Tipperary activity programme, and support the development of partnerships and interagency responses with relevant agencies, community groups and projects in catchment area .
- Direct the delivery of the Youth Café in Fethard & Killenaule working with other staff to engage with young people and deliver a drop in facility.
- Focus on capacity building for young people to encourage them to shape and participate in their local community.
- Support the ongoing development of links between the formal and non-formal education sectors.
- Document and assist in the monitoring and evaluation of activities and programmes as required.
- Participate in, and avail of, training and development
- Work as part of the staff team of Youth Work Ireland Tipperary. This will involve participating in planning sessions, meetings, reviews and helping with the running of the youth service in a collaborative way.
Support and guidance will be given on an on-going basis from the Head of Project Delivery. Individual supervision will be provided by the Head of Project Delivery on a monthly basis.
Hours of Work: 21 hours per week
Period of Employment: Initial 6 month contract
This is a job description to be reviewed on a regular basis. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
Closing Date September 18th, at 5pm.