NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Position Title: Drug Education & Prevention Worker/Youth Development Officer
Programme: Crosscare Youth Services
The Employer: Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity. Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos.
Work Schedule: Full time, 37.5 hours
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Crosscare Bray Youth Service
Reports to: Project Leader
Role Purpose: To deliver Drug Education and Prevention programmes to schools and community groups and support the work of the Bray Drug Awareness Forum.
- To implement programmes and activities in line with funding requirements.
- To liaise with schools, youth and community groups to identify needs in relation to drug education and prevention in the area.
- To ensure programmes delivered to young people fit within the Youth Work Process, Models of Youth Work, DEWF Guidelines and SPHE guidelines.
- To coordinate and support the work of the Bray Drug Awareness Forum – e.g. organising the Drugs Awareness Month activities including the Community Conference.
- To keep up to date time current developments in the area of Drug Education and Prevention and keep BDAF and BLDATTF informed of same.
- To work up to three nights per week and weekends as requested.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings within the region.
- To represent the project/Youth Service, if requested, at various committees
- To submit all paperwork within specified time period.
- To apply for relevant grants related to ongoing work, in consultation with your Line Manager.
- To work within the ethos and values of Crosscare
- To implement the Crosscare strategy.
- To attend training relevant to the work.
- To manage challenging behaviours and situations.
- To work in collaboration with the Youth Service Team
- To carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager.
- Relevant Third Level Qualification in Youth Work or a related area and have a minimum of 1 year experience in the sector.
- Full clean driving licence is desirable
- Communication skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent organisational, time management and record keeping skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Facilitation and group work skills
- Empathy and understanding
- Negotiation skills.
- Have an understanding of the work of Crosscare and Bray Youth Service.
Applicants should send their Cover letter & CV (2 pages max) showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Human Resources Dept., Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3.
Please quote ‘BRAY DW’ on application
Closing date for applications will be 17th September 2019 @5pm
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role
This position is funded by the BLDATF through KWETB