NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Position Title: Youth Development Officer
Programme: Crosscare Youth Services
The Employer: Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity. Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos.
Work Schedule: Part time 20 Hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: €30,142 (Band D1) pro rata
Location: Crosscare Bray Youth Service
Reports to: Project Leader
- To implement programmes in line with funding requirements
- To ensure organised programmes fit within the Youth Work Process and Models of Youth Work
- To work up to three nights per week and weekends as requested.
- To organise and participate in residentials as part of Youth Work programmes
- To attend and participate in staff meetings within the region.
- To represent the Youth Service, if requested, at various committees
- To submit all paperwork within specified time period.
- To apply for relevant grants related to ongoing work, in consultation with your Line Manager.
- To work within the ethos and values of Crosscare
- To implement the Crosscare strategy.
- To attend training relevant to the work.
- To manage challenging behavior and situations.
- To work in collaboration with the Youth Service Team
- To carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager.
- Relevant Third Level Qualification in Youth Work or a related area and have a minimum of 1 year experience in the sector.
- Full clean driving licence is desirable
- Communication skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent organisational, time management and record keeping skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Facilitation and group work skills
- Empathy and understanding
- Negotiation skills.
- Have an understanding of the work of Crosscare and Bray Youth Service.
Applicants should send their Cover letter & CV (2 pages max) showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to email@example.com or post it to Human Resources Dept., Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3.
Please quote ‘BRAY YDO’ on application
Closing date for applications will be 17th September 2019 @5pm
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role
This position is funded by the DCYA through KWETB