Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose Mission is “connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.”
It offers a range of quality services responding to the needs of young people throughout Limerick City and County.
LAVA JAVA Youth Worker
(35 hours flexible including evenings & weekends)
Lava Java’s Youth project is a vibrant youth led project which provides a fun, friendly, active and engaging environment for Limerick’s diverse young people. The Youth worker will lead and develop Lava Java’s Youth project with and for young people in Limerick City Centre and support the promotion of young peoples’ social, personal and educational needs in the creative and inclusive environment of the Youth project
Education & Experience
- Applicants must have a recognised 3rd Level Qualification in Youth Work or similar discipline.
- At least 3 years previous experience working in a similar Youth Work role.
- Expertise in using youth work methodologies to develop soft skills
- Ability to promote creativity with young people
- Effective communication and facilitation skills
- Experience in planning, implementing and reviewing Programmes and activities with young people.
- High level of proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Highly organised with good attention to detail ensuring all project documentation is presented to a high standard
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Empathetic and sensitive to deal with young people
- Good communicator and excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible to respond to changing needs as they arise and cope with pressure
- Self-motivated and committed to a person centred approach
How to apply:
To be considered eligible, interested candidates must complete an application form. A job description and application form can also be downloaded online at www.limerickyouthservice.com and are also attached below. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. Completed applications can be returned by post/email to HR Department, Limerick Youth Service, Northside Youth Space, Ballynanty, Limerick or e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: Tuesday 27th August 2019 by 5pm
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies in the organization may be filled and will expire after 1 year)
Garda vetting will apply