Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Fundraising Events and Community Executive
Christchurch Square, Dublin 8.
Fulltime and Permanent Contract
Salary: €34,770 - €48,565
What will the Fundraising Events and Community Executive do?
This post focuses on Barnardos’ Events & Community fundraising activities through traditional and digital channels.
The successful candidate will work with local community groups, individuals and schools to ensure their fundraising activities are a success and help drive events fundraising through new digital channels to raise further income.
The post supports and assists with the implementation of the fundraising strategic plan to raise voluntary income for Barnardos’ work with children.
Who are we looking for?
- Flexibility, innovation and initiative.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Good Database marketing knowledge
- Good knowledge of marketing techniques, in particular how to promote existing and new initiatives.
- Good communication and presentation skills, verbal, written and face to face.
- Excellent project management and planning skills.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- The ability to juggle a wide range of activities, prioritise own workload and meet deadlines.
Excellent computer skills and working experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and database packages (Raisers Edge preferable but not essential).
- 3 years’ experience in a fundraising/marketing/administration environment – events, community, digital essential.
- Exposure to other elements of fundraising and/or marketing activity would be very beneficial but is not essential.
- Leaving certificate or equivalent.
- Relevant third level qualification desirable but not essential or relevant experience gained either in the corporate or voluntary sector.
Flexibility is required to accommodate travel as well as attending occasional out of hour’s events.
Full driving licence and access to the use of a suitably insured car essential.
For full job description and the Barnardos application form check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs.
Closing date: 12noon, Monday 26th August 2019.