Mentor Co-ordinator (Detention) – Part Time
Le Chéile Mentoring is recruiting a part-time Mentor Co-ordinator (Detention).
Le Chéile and Oberstown run a unique and innovative programme that will allow parents and young people who are involved with Oberstown the opportunity to avail of volunteer-led mentoring and family support services in the community. Volunteer Mentors are recruited, trained, supervised and supported by Co-ordinators.
The Mentor Co-ordinator (Detention) will report to the Regional Manager and work closely with other Le Chéile staff and the Oberstown Detention Centre.
This post will be based in Oberstown Detention Centre and will provide for direct referrals from Oberstown. At times, travel nationally will be required.
- Recruiting suitable volunteer mentors and matching them with parents
- Providing ongoing supervision and support to volunteers
- Training volunteers and securing appropriate training as required
- Ensuring KPIs are met
- Maintenance of case files and records including the operation of a CRM system based on Salesforce
- Dealing appropriately with all child protection concerns
- Recognised qualification in one of the following Youth and Community Work, Social Work, Psychology, Social Science, Social Care or other related area.
- 3 years full time paid experience of working with young people/ families
- Training in group facilitation and supervision skills
- Project Management Experience
- Case Management Experience
- Record keeping and report writing experience
- Experience of recruiting and training volunteers
- Experience of supporting and supervising volunteers or staff.
- Clean Driving License and own car.
Terms and Conditions
Contract: 18.5 hours per week - contract of indefinite duration – subject to ongoing funding
Salary: €41,000 - €52,000 pro-rata (i.e. 50%).
A full job description and application form is attached or can be accessed on www.lecheile.ie.
Deadline for applications is noon on Monday, August 26th 2019. The completed application form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Job Application Mentor Coordinator Detention’ in the subject line. ONLY COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Le Chéile is an equal opportunities employer.