CAVAN 365 JUSTICE PROJECT
Foróige, the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country, through the Department of Justice and Equality and by the European Social Fund 2014 – 2020 through the Irish Youth Justice Service in conjunction with An Garda Síochána, invite applications for the following position:
YOUTH JUSTICE WORKER (Maternity Leave Cover)
The Cavan 365 Justice Project is a Garda Youth Diversion Project based in Cavan Town. Garda Youth Diversion Projects are Community based, multi-agency youth crime prevention initiatives which primarily seek to divert young people who have been involved in anti-social and/or criminal behaviour by providing suitable activities to facilitate personal development, promote civic responsibility and improve long term employability prospects. The successful candidate will work a minimum of 35 hours per week and will be based in Cavan Town.
The successful applicant(s) will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to Degree standard preferably in Youth / Justice / Health Promotion work (note: candidates with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree qualifications).
- 1 year experience in a GYDP or similar role (exclusive of student placement experiences)
- Relevant paid or voluntary experience of working with young people.
- Access to car and full Irish driving licence.
- Experience of engaging target group.
- Experience in report writing and writing funding applications.
Please view the job spec below for full details on all requirements.
Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Job Application form only.
The full job spec and Foróige application form can be downloaded from this page (see below) and is also available to download from the ‘careers’ section of our website www.foroige.ie or can be requested by emailing email@example.com
Please note that all applications can only be accepted by way of Foróige Application Form
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon 22nd August 2019
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.