NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Outreach Behaviour Support Therapist. Behaviour Detectives aims to promote community inclusion, daily living skills and reduce problem behaviours while applying the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis in home and community settings. We support children and teenagers with a diagnosis of ASD.
Title: Behaviour Support Therapist x 2
Job Location: Dublin 15, Enfield and Celbridge
Contract Type: Specific Purpose Contract
Hours: Minimum 15-hours during the school year and approximately 20 hours to 30 hours per week during school holidays. Hours are based on a rota and are allocated during the evenings and weekends.
Salary: We offer a competitive salary depending on the experience.
What we offer:
- Supportive and encouraging work environment for developing/enhancing Behaviour Analytic skills and overcoming behaviours of concern.
- Collaborative involvement in intervention strategies planning, opportunity to identify and develop specific goals (based on assessment curriculums such as AFLS), and implementing Behaviour Support strategies that are already in place.
- Direct contact and supervision from BCBA
- Hold a degree in Psychology/ Social Care/ Nursing or related area
- Hold a Post-Graduate Qualification in Applied Behaviour Analysis or related area/ or be in pursuit of same/ or relevant experience
All Candidates should:
- Be flexible, enthusiastic and committed.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of ethical and professional practices.
- Ideally, have two years of experience working with individuals with complex needs and Autism (desirably beyond the age of twelve) and in utilising the principles of Behaviour Analysis and Positive Behaviour Support.
- Experience working in the family home environment and community settings.
- Demonstrate initiative and have experience in programme planning and development.
- Be committed to the provision of high-quality Person-Centred services, supporting individuals to access their local communities and to develop to their full potential.
- The ability to collect and analyse data.
- Full B Licence required and access to own vehicle.
- Vetted by the National Vetting Bureau
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and a cover letter to Virge Connery email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications is 20th of August 2019
Position is available for an immediate start following the interviews