Position: Education Manager
Location: Young Social Innovators, DCU Alpha, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
Report to: CEO
Young Social Innovators
Young Social Innovators (YSI) is a not for profit education body which provides transformative innovation processes and programmes for students, primarily at post primary level in Ireland. Through YSI, educators, schools and communities facilitate and support youth led social innovation, which benefits the development of youth and communities. This is education which empowers young people strengthens youth voice and participation, and develops active local and global citizens for today and the future.
Since 2001, YSI is championing thinking and modelling around social innovation and entrepreneurial education. We are passionate about young people using their insights, experiences and voice to collaborate in order to create a better world: one which is more equal, inclusive, diverse, and sustainable.
YSI is looking for someone who shares our passion and drive to make social innovation learning an option for all students in Ireland! He/she will hold a key management position within YSI and direct the formation and delivery of educational offerings for educators and young people.
He/she will be taking the lead in our existing education programmes, as well as exciting new ventures. This includes the development of our multiple local area, school clusters, and our Social Innovation Learning Lab. They will oversee our internal research and ensure quality standards.
He/she will have a breath of experience in learning and education and be able to demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal, teamwork and management abilities. They will be passionate about social innovation and entrepreneurial learning.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- General Management and Leadership- Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate those around them. A self-starter who thinks strategically and translates high level goals to well-developed plans and systems. Ability to use resources effectively to achieve specific objectives.
- Creativity and Innovation-Ability for conceptual, innovative and critical thinking. Involvement in design based and innovative methods would be advantageous. Appreciation of creative processes and how to activate these.
- Communication and Teamwork-Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, e with the ability to represent strategic priorities with the ability to assimilate and share learning with others internally and externally.
- Flexibility and Versatility—Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and deadlines. Open to travel to different parts of Ireland to support teams and attend some weekend meetings.
- Relationship Builder-Identification, formation and development of a range of key education stakeholder relationships in relation to advancing YSI’s strategic and local area goals.
- A degree or level 9 equivalent (In accordance with the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)) in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of learning and education in Ireland
- Proven skills in managing key stakeholder relationships and demonstration of partner development work.
- Strong, efficient project and people management skills.
- Strong IT Skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Understanding and appreciation of the not for profit sector context.
- Passionate about young people’s involvement in social innovation learning and entrepreneurship.
- Young Social Innovators is committed to standards of excellence in Child Protection practices. The role of Education Manager will require the candidate to successfully complete the Garda Vetting process, which will be co-ordinated by Young Social Innovators.
- Full clean driver’s licence required
Programme and Operational Management
- Manage, support and quality assure all educational programmes and offerings.
- Lead and manage the Learning and Practice, Local YSI Leaders and Education Support teams.
- Report on effectiveness of all programmes and offers to key external stakeholders.
- Manage the educational budget
Programme Design and Development
- Lead and develop the YSI new regional cluster school model to support increased youth led participation, youth voice and social innovation learning.
- Develop the educational offerings for the Social Innovation Learning Lab.
- Design and test new educational offerings.
Education, Research and Policy
- Manage research projects to inform programme design.
- Quality assure educational practices and delivery.
- Collaborate with key education and research stakeholders, as well as young people, to advance policy
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Please send a comprehensive CV together with a one page cover letter – telling us what you can bring to the role – to our HR department at email@example.com by 5:30pm on Thursday 12th September 2019.
Young Social Innovators is committed to equal opportunities and all recruitment decisions will be based on merit, suitability for the role and experience. All recruitment decisions will not be influenced by race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age or membership of the Traveller Community. Young Social Innovators fully endorses a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.