Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Barnardos was established in 1962. We work with vulnerable children and their families and campaign for the rights of all children.
Part time (18.5 hrs) & Fixed Term contract to 24th December 2021.
*The 18.5 hrs are to be worked over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning.
Salary: €15,431 - €23,852 for 18.5 hrs.
There is also an additional 14.5 hours available to the postholder up to the end of 2019 if desired. Salary for 33hrs is €27,526 - €42,547 until the end of 2019.
Finglas, Dublin 11.
What will the Project Worker do?
Project Workers offer a variety of family support interventions often in response to the Initial Assessment work, as well as receiving referrals from other community organisations and self-referrals. These interventions include:
- Partnership with Parents, a one to one home based parenting programme tailored to meet the needs of parents and their children. The programme focuses on parenting skills and child/parent relationships in order make positive changes in the home.
- Individual Work, which is an evidence-based, tailored intervention working with children in conjunction with the important people in their lives. This work has a therapeutic focus and is based on the individual child's assessed needs. Its purpose is to build resilience and help children to understand and express their feelings and manage their own behaviour.
- Friendship Group is an evidence-based group-work service that supports children who are experiencing peer difficulties. It works with children aged between 6 to 8 years, and 9 to 11 years, to increase their positive peer relationships, emotional understanding, social problem solving, negotiation skills, social interaction and cooperation with other children.
- Inter-agency and collaborative working, including participation in the Children's and Young People's Service Committee (CYPSCs) and in the delivery of Meitheal.
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience of working with vulnerable children and families.
- Experience of working in partnership with families and carers.
- Experience of assessing children’s and families’ needs.
- Experience of planning, implementing and reviewing programmes with children and/or families.
- Experience of interagency working.
- Experience of preparing comprehensive needs led reports on children and families.
- Up to date with evidenced informed thinking with regard to interventions for children and families on an individual and group level.
- Use of Signs of Safety as a tool for screening and assessing risk.
- Experience of Meitheal processes.
- Maintaining electronic records.
- A recognised third level practice qualification  (minimum Level 7 on the QQ1) in one of the following:
- Social Care
- Social Work
- Youth Work
- Or related discipline (Nursing, Psychology, Early Years Education).
- A full driving licence and access to the use of a suitably insured car is essential.
For full job description check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs
Closing date: 12noon, Monday 26th August 2019.
Provisional Interview date: Tuesday 3rd September 2019.
Shortlisting will apply (please note, cv’s are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through our website).
Cv’s are accepted only in addition to submission of a fully completed application form.
 Course content should include relevant student placements