CORE YOUTH SERCVICE (Trading as St Michaels Parish Youth Project)
PROJECT LEADER PERSON SPECIFICATION
Essential qualifications and core experience:
- An NSETS recognised professionally endorsed qualification in Youth Work or Youth and Community Work is essential plus 5 years full time experience of working with young people at risk in a youth work setting in a paid capacity
- Have worked with young people for five years full time and have experience of working with young people at risk in a youth work setting in a paid capacity and have an equivalent professional Degree level qualification within the Education/Social Sciences /Youth Work or Community Work field
- Management skills including staff supervision and support
- Funding applications
- Excellent Communication skills
- Budget management
- Report writing
- Programme delivery
- Analytical skills
- Policy development
- Capacity building
- Ability to work on own Initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of the youth sector and issues facing young people.
- Experience of working from the principles of non formal education.
- Pro-active nature, ability to get stuck in operationally as needed.
- Ability to influence key stake holders across a range of organisations.
The successful applicant will be required to act as a mandated person in accordance with the Children First Act 2015, and will subject to Garda Vetting.
Application Form and Job Description available below.
Please send completed Applications along with A CV to:
Bernie Spierin, Core Youth Service, St Vincent Street West, Inchicore, Dublin 8 and by email to: email@example.com.
Core Youth Service is an equal opportunities employer.
This post is funded by the TYFS and is administered by the CDYSB.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo Garda Vetting.
Salary: City of Dublin Youth Service Board, Project Leader Salary Scale.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 23rd August 2019