Beacon of Light Counselling Centre are seeking a part time Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist / Play Therapist to join our multi -disciplinary team of Psychotherapists.
This is a part time position with 10 sessions per week maximum.
You will be expected to have your own professional indemnity insurance.
Selected candidate will be employed on a consultancy basis and will submit invoices for payment monthly.
The selected candidate will be required to have in house group clinical supervision monthly.
1:1 clinical support/line management where necessary. (Clinical coordinator & General Manager)
The selected candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The selected candidate will be required to attend monthly core counselling team meetings
You will need to be Garda Vetted for this role.
Requirement / Qualifications:
- Hold a minimum of level 8 or equivalent qualification in Psychotherapy with specific additional training with children and young people.
- Have a minimum of 3 years post qualification practicing Psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
- Experience of working with families, parents and guardians.
- Accredited with IAPTP, PT-Ire, IACP, IAHIP, ICP or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of working with other agencies, TUSLA, Schools, CAMHS, Youth services, and comprehensive knowledge of current child first legislation.
- Have completed and hold certificate in Children First training and be familiar with TUSLA reporting system.
- Have a 1:1 Clinical supervisor and meet the client hours to supervision ratio as required.
- Have experience of making a child protection report.
- Good experience with agency-based counselling services and issues prevalent for young persons in these geographical areas.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience of working with other statutory agencies, TUSLA, HSE etc. and be familiar with children first legislation.
- Knowledge of GDPR and privacy in relation to communication with parents/guardians and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of consent procedure for legal guardians in relation to minors.
Please mark: Private and confidential.
Application expiry date: 23 August 2019.