Youth Work Ireland Galway is currently seeking to employ two Community Youth Workers.
- 35 hours per week from September 2019 to March 2020 with the Westside Youth Project, Corrach Bui, Westside, working with young people 10-25 years (Career Break)
- 35 hours per week from September 2019 to December 2019 with the CAPE Youth Project, Prospect Hill, Galway, working with young people 12- 25 years (Maternity Leave)
The Community Youth Worker will plan, organise and oversee programmes to facilitate the personal, social and emotional development of young people between the ages of 10-21 in accordance with organisation procedure. The ideal candidate should have a relevant third level qualification in youth/community work or a relevant discipline and at least one-year full time experience of working in youth work.
- Understand the issues relating to young people. Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of adolescent development.
- Be friendly, patient, confident, enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-starting with a genuine interest in working with young people.
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and responsible.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice regarding youth work.
- Report writing skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Possess good team working skills and ability to work under pressure, capable of working both on own initiative and as part of a team
Garda vetting will apply.
Applications in the form of a hard copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter should be forwarded by 5.00pm on the 24/07/2019 to:
Youth Work Ireland Galway
41-43 Prospect Hill
For further information and job description please contact: Deirdre at; email@example.com
Youth Work Ireland Galway is a Member Youth Service of Youth Work Ireland