Senior Online Content Producer (Short fixed-term contract)
Job Title: Senior Online Content Producer
Reporting To: Deputy Director
Status: Five-month fixed term contract, full-time
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 39 hours per week
To apply: via Workable only: https://workable.com/j/A9B7AED174
Location: Fleet Street, Dublin 2
Salary: €31,000 p/a pro rata
Probationary Period: 2 weeks
SpunOut.ie is Ireland’s leading provider of youth information to young people where they are: online. We are an expert, energetic, dynamic and professional organisation run by young people, for young people, based in the heart of Dublin city.
Purpose of Job:
The Senior Online Content Producer is responsible for managing, planning and creating high-quality youth-focused content for the SpunOut.ie and partner organisation’s websites.
The Senior Online Content Producer works in close cooperation with the rest of the SpunOut.ie team, as well as relevant stakeholders for external projects, to plan, create and deliver new content for some exciting projects in 2019.
The Senior Online Content Producer will join SpunOut.ie at an exciting time for the organisation as we take on new projects and extend our reach.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Online Content Producer’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Contributing toward to the planning and development of content for SpunOut.ie and external projects
- Creating high-quality content that appeals to young people in the SpunOut.ie style (articles, factsheets, video)
- Research keywords and evidence bases to feed into content development plans
- Development and delivery of content development plans and activities within agreed funding budgets, briefs and timeframes
- Improving the quality of new and existing content by responding to and actioning user, stakeholder and staff feedback
- Brainstorming content ideas and headlines with other members of the content team
- Liaise with the HSE and relevant professional advisors/bodies to research, develop and create and maintain quality information content in line with content development programme
- Establish and build contacts and sources to use in future research and content development
- Managing all projects as designated by the Deputy Director
- Providing feedback and support on multimedia content creation
- Contributing to improving the efficiency of content production
- Improving the quality of content by responding to and actioning user and stakeholder feedback
- Ensuring all content is to a high standard of spelling and grammar, is up-to-date, and complies with the SpunOut.ie content policies and content validation process
- Carrying out any other duties as may from time to time be required by the Deputy Director
Skills and Attributes:
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant third-level qualification or equivalent experience
- A keen interest in, and understanding of, youth health and social issues
- Solid writing skills with an eagle-eye for detail
- Highly creative
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of how visual media operates
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient working with a CMS (Content Management System)
- Experience with project management platforms
- Experience managing and curating website design
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a self-starter with strong organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and balance conflicting demands
- Have strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Solution focused
- Have a proven ability to deliver on targets within agreed budgets and timeframes
- Exhibit strong collaborative and team-working skills
- Be tech-literate with a knowledge of emerging digital trends
Applications and Queries
You can apply for this role by uploading your C.V. and answering a few questions at the following link: https://workable.com/j/A9B7AED174.
In addition to a completed application form and CV, candidates are required to submit the following:
- A sample of your writing
Be advised that any offers are subject to reference checks and Garda clearance.
Application deadline: Midnight on Sunday 21st July 2019
Any and all queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.