NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Barnardos was established in 1962. We work with vulnerable children and their families and campaign for the rights of all children.
Project Co-ordinator (Family Support)
Part Time (30hrs) & 2 Year Fixed Term contract
(4 days per week, Tuesday to Friday)
Salary: €31,475 - €45,234 for 30 hours
What does our Thurles Project do?
The project supports and challenges children, parents and carers to achieve their full potential
This is achieved by:
- Developing specific plans with children and families that are needs led and outcomes focused.
- Working in partnership with other agencies that have a key role in the lives of individual families.
- Reviewing work with families to assess the impact and to ensure resources are used cost-effectively.
Project staff deliver a broad range of programmes to children across the age ranges and to their parents/carers.
What will the Project Co-ordinator do?
This new post of Project Co-ordinator will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of direct work with children and families through case management and supervision of staff.
The Co-ordinator will also carry a small caseload and/or assist in groupwork delivery as required.
Where we work:
The post holder will be based at Barnardos Centre in Thurles, Co. Tipperary.
Who do we work with?
Children and parents in the catchment area of the centre.
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience and demonstrate management capacity essential. Experience of a lead or supervisory role highly desirable.
- Relevant professional 3rd level qualification essential, for example: Early Childhood Care and Education, Social Work, Social Care, Child Care, Education, Youth and Community Work, Psychology or equivalent (min Level 7 on QQI). Management training highly desirable.
Full driving licence and access to the use of a suitably insured vehicle is essential.
For full job description check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs or call 0504 20018.
Closing date: extended to 12 noon, Friday 14th June 2019.
Shortlisting will apply (please note, cv’s are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through our website).
Cv’s are accepted only in addition to submission of a fully completed application form.