Social Care Worker Vacancies
Full-time and Relief positions available
Location: Newcastle, Greystones Co. Wicklow
St. Catherine’s Association is a non-profit organisation funded by the HSE. We provide education, training, healthcare and residential/respite care to clients who have intellectual and other disabilities. We are currently meeting the needs of over 200 children and families in Co. Wicklow and the greater Dublin area.
- Graduate or studying towards a QQI Level 7 Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies, Social Care or equivalent.
- Person-centred approach.
- Able to work a variety of shifts including sleepovers, waking nights, day shifts, weekends, holiday periods, etc.
- Ability to work as part of a team, assess situations and act appropriately using analytical and problem solving process which best meets the needs of the children/young adults and the service.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and IT skills.
- High level of motivation.
- Experience in Report Writing.
- Full driving license and willing to drive company vehicles.
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and reliability is paramount for the role.
- Good knowledge of HIQA regulations for persons with disabilities in residential and respite services.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle changing priorities.
- Experience in working with individuals with behaviours that challenge.
- A high level of professional support as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Opportunities for career growth and progression
- A friendly and inclusive work environment
For further information or informal enquiries, please contact Aisling O’Leary on 085-8701164 or Debbie Carr on 01-281-9485 (206)
If you would like to apply or request a full job description, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your CV and cover letter when applying.
We are accepting applications until 5:00 PM on the 30th of May 2019
Short listing of candidates applies
St. Catherine’s Association is an equal opportunities employer