Regional Development Officer
West and Central Midlands
The Irish Girl Guides is a uniquely girl-only, youth-driven, active and dynamic organisation. It offers a varied and exciting programme for girls and young women aged 5-30, and opportunities for adult Leaders of all ages.
We have a vacancy for a Regional Development Officer covering the area of Galway, Longford, Roscommon, Leitrim, Westmeath and part of Offaly. The RDO will work 18 hours per week to develop and support Guiding, providing practical support and advice to volunteers in the Region. Based from home, travel is an essential part of the job, often in the late afternoon or evening to support local unit meetings.
The ideal candidate must have some experience working in a volunteer environment, and a background in Guiding would be an advantage.
The following are specific skills and attributes.
- Flexibility and willingness to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends to facilitate meetings with volunteers and young people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good IT competency
- Good time management skills and ability to manage a varied workload
- Strong interest in Guiding
- Commitment to the aims and methods and an acceptance of the values of Guiding
- Excellent oral, written and presentational communication skills
- Friendly disposition and empathy for volunteers’ needs
- Be efficient and be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Be able to work from home
- Hold a current and valid full driver’s licence and have the use of a car for work purposes
Closing date for applications is 5pm Wednesday, 5th June, 2019.
See more details here: https://bit.ly/2JtaEPd