Sessional Social Care Workers
Fostering First Ireland (FFI) is a dynamic non-statutory foster care agency working in partnership with the Child and Family Agency (Tusla) providing high quality and innovative family placements for children.
We wish to recruit a panel of suitably experienced and qualified Social Care Workers to work with us on a sessional basis in the North West region including the counties of Sligo, Donegal and Leitrim. The ideal candidates for these positions will be based in Sligo with travel to surrounding counties required as part of these roles.
You will undertake direct work with the children and young people placed with our foster carers. The work is varied and includes carrying out individual and group work, life story work, and supervising family access.
We offer competitive hourly rates, mileage allowance, and comprehensive support.
Applicants for these positions will not be considered unless they possess:
- A recognised qualification (Minimum Level 7) in Social Care, Youth Work or equivalent.
- Experience of working directly with children/young people in the care system or other relevant field.
- Be prepared to work unsociable hours – including weekends.
- The ability to build positive relationships with children and young people.
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- A full, clean driving license and use of a comprehensively insured vehicle. You will also need to provide Fostering First Ireland with a Letter of Indemnity from your motor insurance company
For applicants information these sessional positions are on an ‘as and when required basis’.
Please note shortlisting will apply based on the application form only. Please forward the completed application form along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the post to email@example.com
We also request that you outline your availability to carry out sessional work in your cover letter.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday the 31st of May 2019.