Ballymun Child and Family Resource Centre (BCFRC CLG)
Community Development Worker Part-time (17.5 hours per week)
The Ballymun Child and Family Resource Centre was established in 2014 to support local families to achieve their full potential. By working locally we want to improve learning and wellbeing outcomes for children and young people and parents.
Our aim is to empower individuals, build on family strengths, enhance self-esteem and instil a sense of confidence in order to influence events in their lives. We also build on the social and emotional relationship between the parent and child by providing activities which are designed to encourage positive interaction in a supportive setting.
The centre is managed by a voluntary board of management made up of people living and working in the local community.
To support and work in close collaboration with Voluntary Management Committee and the Manager to implement the Resource Centre’s aims and objectives as specified in the work plan.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- A qualification in Community development or a relevant discipline
- A good understanding of community development principles in a community based setting
- Ability to access funding
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, possess good leadership and facilitation skills. Facilitation of evidence based parenting Programmes would be an advantage.
- Good computer, social media and report writing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues of poverty and social exclusion and its impact on the local area
- Ability to work flexibly within the week (Monday to Friday)
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- At least 2 years paid experience of working with groups who experience social exclusion
- Demonstrate a strong teamwork ethic and the ability to work on own initiative
Application form and job description are attached below. For any queries regarding post or application process please call 01 8527183 or e -mail: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, 24th May 2019 at 5pm.
Applications on official application form only will be accepted. Applications may be submitted in hard copy or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marked Community Development Worker application. C.V.s will not be accepted.
Applications received after this time will not be considered. Canvassing will disqualify.
Shortlisting: Will apply on the basis of information provided by candidates.
Interviews: Will take place on Friday, 14th June 2019
This post is funded by the Child and Family Agency
Ballymun Child and Family Resource Centre is an equal opportunities employer.